New Shop Furniture

comp56

Well you may or not have heard Target has pulled out of Canada after only a short time.....my wife has been a big wig there and has first crack at things they are selling off. So she said let's go see what might work for me.....as it was I ended up getting a new work bench and a couple of racks that have about 50 different configurations for hanging things, not to mention they can be all removed changed heights ect ect this table is rock solid with metal frame and wood top the top, even has dog holes......... the racks are gonna make for a great place to store stock........

I have to say for what I paid I couldn't dream of building it 

less than $100 for everything......

20150222_143258.jpg

20150222_143304.jpg

20150222_144013.jpg

20150222_144025.jpg

20150222_144433.jpg

20150222_144451.jpg

20150222_144810.jpg

20150222_144822.jpg

dude!!   thats gonna work out nice!!   

id say you got a hell of a deal, the first think i thought of when saw them was the festool workcenter

this one (with no vac) is like $375

---picture removed---

this one with the mobile base is a ridicilous $735!!!!

---picture removed---

the crazy part is you have much more functionality with what you got!!

I don't know who is worse Festool or Apple when it comes to pricing. They could see the tools for less money with out affecting quality, but they keep the price up to make it feel like a premium product. I just want to win of of those Festook Kapex contest and dust extractors.

dude!!   thats gonna work out nice!!   

id say you got a hell of a deal, the first think i thought of when saw them was the festool workcenter

this one (with no vac) is like $375

attachicon.gifFestool_497471.jpg

this one with the mobile base is a ridicilous $735!!!!

attachicon.giffestool-universalcenter-UCR-1000.png

the crazy part is you have much more functionality with what you got!!

So true John, he's got a heck of a set up and those hooks would be awesome for hose and cord placement. That is going to be a sweet set up when Comp has it done.

yes there is so many options it might take awhile to get it the way it works best.....btw my wife informed me they have over 75 of these set ups for sale......its to bad shipping is crazy cause I'm sure I'm not the only one that would want these......

also for jig work ect ect she says they have cases of 1/4" thick plexi glass 6" tall by 48" long not sure of price yet ....can't wait ...

I remember a few years back another store closed up and I purchased 3 cases of screw in type casters wheels they had to go on all of their display carts..for $15 a case..... 80 casters in each case I still have a bunch considering I was putting wheels on everything....lol

they came in handy as I made many side tables for poker tables

1w.png

yes she is, she was hired 4 months before the store opened @$52,000 a year as some kind of product manager and has been offered 16 weeks severance pay problem is when she took the job wal-mart wanted her as well for $49,500 and she thought new store more money who wouldn't.......and of course wal-mart don't need her now......they figure store will be completely closed by may 16th so she works until then at least.....she is upset but on the other hand there are many that are way less fortunate min. wage jobs et ect Sears offered her a job the day they found out but part time and for $7 less an hour......she said hmmm no.....it sucks right now for her as she wants to get another job but if she don't stay she loses out on severance so it's hard to look for a job and take interviews and say not until may......

That sucks :( That whole Target Canada situation is going to be in business school textbooks. They went too big too fast I think. They should have opened maybe 10/20 stores and worked their way up. From what I read they couldn't inventory the right stuff, and basic supplies were out of stock all the time.

Sucks to hear that comp I know the feeling of being being laid off I worked at a hospital b4 and was getting paid pretty damn well till a company by the name of octoclean came in and offered the same work we did which was custodial floors and cleaning for way way less then what we were getting paid so they blamed the economy and let go of about 50 people or so and they didn't give us crap when we left. I'm glad it happened or else I would have never have gotten my job at the shop and my job at Ucr as a storekeeper so I hope this door closing for your wife means more doors and opportunities for U guys comp!

• Like 1

thanks guys @DR99 ya and the crappy thing is our local store was one of the big sellers almost 6 months in they started redirecting stock to this store because the sales were higher than other stores.....go figure..........

• 2 weeks later...

these racks keep giving and giving.......seeings these are so adjustable I'm installing bins of all different sizes on both sides that are individually removable when needed.......I picked up 80 of these bins for $40 off a local ad.......not finished but getting there......

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0632.jpg