DeWalt 20V Framer

RickyMcGrath

Also tools really aren't the heart of their sales, I think they make tons more from lumber.

Lumber is actually the lowest markup. I've seen the numbers. They're happy if they can make 10% on lumber. Tools are usually 25-20%. Plumbing, electrical and hardware have the highest markups. 50-100% or more.

So.... with this nailer, what application do you use it for? Remodeling a basement? Or do you actually use it to frame up a whole house? I had the opportunity to demo one last fall and I came away impressed. The main question I had was "is this something that is going to work all day?" Also, will it drive the nails in toe style? I realize not all nailers are going to be perfect, but is this something that has enough power to use all day? If that makes sense.

FB82

So.... with this nailer, what application do you use it for? Remodeling a basement? Or do you actually use it to frame up a whole house? I had the opportunity to demo one last fall and I came away impressed. The main question I had was "is this something that is going to work all day?" Also, will it drive the nails in toe style? I realize not all nailers are going to be perfect, but is this something that has enough power to use all day? If that makes sense.

FB82

You COULD use it all day, but the time between nails is somewhat delayed and you're not going to be happy trying to frame a while house. Smaller remodeling jobs, where setting up a compressor is too much effort for the amount of work you're doing. I had one for a week, framed up a patio cover. It started giving an overheat code after 3-4 nails. Took it back and just haven't bought another yet.

Hardware is a huge money maker here for the building centers when you factor hinges, drawer pulls etc through your kitchen and bathrooms. the mark up is quite substantial.

Hardware is probably the highest margin. So large, they don't even inventory their single nuts & bolts. It's not worth the man power.

I've been using this Framing Nailer everyday for 3 months now, remodeled a house with it and a few small additions so far. I've been using the 4.0 battery and it has lasted all day (8 hour work day) fires great in any direction. Toe nailing is a breeze, I've dropped it 2 times so far from 10 feet high. Picked it up and so far "Guaranteed Tough" is true. I've had about 5 jams in the 3 months from me either hitting a nail accidentally or I think sometimes when the gun gets to the last nail in the chamber it misfires (unfortunately but this is rare)

Overall I am happy with the nailer, I'll know if this is one of the best purchases I've made in a few more months of testing it. I choose this over pneumatic any day now, sure pneumatic fires faster but how fast do you need really? This isn't a Wild West stand off, the bump fire is fast enough for me. Been getting more work done with this nailer compared to my co-workers still using pneumatic simply because I don't have to drag a hose and compressor around. This nailer also gets in tighter spaces than most pneumatic nailers.

I really like this nailer and I hope it last, honestly when I use it I am a little scared because it is cordless. I'm afraid of it dying and me being disappointed and then having to go back to pneumatic and my co-workers will say "Told you, knew you'd be back."

I have endusers that have shot over 70000 nails with Dewalt nailer last time and they loving it..

Bonus info: if you put the nailer in singleshot and hold the trigger you will after about 20 sek get a blink for pr 1000 shot it has fired