Wilton sledgehammer

FrosBros82

This past weekend I bought the Wilton sledgehammer at a local contractor store. It was a 6lb 24" sledge and is quite unique since the head on the sledge is bright green. The company I currently work for is pushing these hammers because they are supposedly "indestructible". The sledge is designed with metal bars inside the handle to avoid the head from flying off. Similar to Stabilla levels, this hammer has a lifetime warranty and Wilton will replace the product if you do happen to break it. While it was a little pricey ($80 or so), I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy a new sledge hammer.

FB82 

I think I might pick up the 4 pound model.... Just the thing for driving iron rods for property markers. Should work pretty well on mag nails as well, though I don't frequently overshoot them and break the handle...

first at all - welcome to the forum bro.

check out this area and tell us something about you.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/forum/45-introduce-yourself/

we talked about that sledgehammer awhile ago: (just wanted to mention that :P ) its definitely a nice hammer

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/4946-with-this-sledgehammer-you-gonna-feel-like-behing-thor-p/?hl=thor

they are definitely nice looking sledgehammers gotta love the color scheme too!

i bought a jackson, total control elite demolition hammer 8lb years and years ago and its still going strong.. i doubt i will ever be able to break it but if i do ill be moving up to a bash

post-49019-0-97420900-1424840439_thumb.j

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/demolition/jackson-professional-tools-total-control-elite-demolition-hammer.aspx

Yeah, they are both pretty expensive. With that being said, I guess I would rather buy something that I know won't break and or have the head fly off when I am using it! The old school guys still use the wood handles, but I guess I just don't feel like putting nails in the head when it starts to loosen.

FB82

• 3 months later...

Kinda late to this party but I'll add anyway...

I can testify for these Wilton Hammers, they are amazingly resilient. We ordered a bunch of these before we did a project at work and I don't think a day went by where someone wasn't using it to hang steel with. That thing was put through the paces for over 3 years and is still going strong on another project now. 

I absolutely love the handles on them and the hammer overall feels well balanced. The color scheme is out of this world and sets your maul apart from everyone elses.