Milwaukee 5 3/8" M12 circular saw

FrosBros82

I had the opportunity to get my hands on the new M12 circular saw this past weekend. Honestly, I was impressed with the run time of the saw and the speed. I own the old 6 1/2"  M18 brushed version and I don't see much of a difference between the two in terms of run time and power. While I don't think you are going to be ripping OSB all day with it, I do think it has it's place on the site for quick cuts and anchor templates. It will be interesting to see if other companies come out with a similar product.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the review, how does it feel while cutting, I'm thinking about getting one for just small jobs and quick cuts instead of pulling out my 15 amp. Is the weight decent or does it feel to light while making cuts?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nice that you like it, I have the 6 1/2 and love it, seeings that it is even lighter than mine it must be really light to work will.

give you an idea 

corded tilt-lok 7 1/4 10.4 LBS

fuel 7 1/4  7.5 LBS

fuel 6 1/2  6.8 LBS

fuel 5 3/8  5.35 LBS 

almost half of a corded model.....so ya it would be lighter.....awesome

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding Circ Saws....

I have been going back and forth. I have an old corded Craftsman that works ok, but want to replace or supplement with a FUEL tool. I have the M12 and the M18 line, but I am really struggling on which of these I will benefit from most. I think I want the m12 and will just hang onto the Craftsman corded for bigger jobs.

I have been going back and forth. I have an old corded Craftsman that works ok, but want to replace or supplement with a FUEL tool. I have the M12 and the M18 line, but I am really struggling on which of these I will benefit from most. I think I want the m12 and will just hang onto the Craftsman corded for bigger jobs.

I've been doing some thinking with my circ saws, currently I have a crapsman professional it's not a terribly bad saw, gets the job done. So something to consider I am going to pick up a skilsaw worm drive for when I need the power of a good heavy duty saw. With that I am going to carry a fuel 7 1/4 and pick up the M12 to have at my disposal as well.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked up the m12 fuel. Great little saw. Not a replacement for a corded circ saw, but way better at the little stuff. Crosscut a few 2x's, cut out a subflooor, cut new subfloor and heat register whole. Great saw.

My complaint with my old circ saw has always been the chord gets hung up 3/4 of the way through a sheet of plywood. No chord, no problem.

• Like 1