Looking to buy a miter saw

FrosBros82

Another thing to consider - if you're interested in a rolling type stand, the Ridgid MSUV (AC9945) is fantastic.  While it's not as easy to raise as the Bosch Gravity-Rise T4B, it's also almost $100 cheaper.  I had to go for a rolling stand as I got really tired of setting up my base (and before that, saw horses and plywood) and lugging out my heavy a$$ saw just to make a couple of quick cuts.  With a rolling base, it's no problem at all to wheel it out, pop it open and you're up and running in under 2m - no back aching 75lb miter saws to lift.

HD had it on special for $149 during the holidays, so it may go back to that at some point during the next sales rush - (Father's day anyone?)

Then again, if you're going for a smaller / lighter saw, it isn't as big of a deal - especially if you get the Dewalt with the free base!

nice set up and I like how the keter can just fold up and carried like suit case

Yep! We have two. Just handy to have in the van. I like the shelf below for storing clamps, jigsaw, coping saw, etc. All things I have at the saw anyway.

What do you guys think of the ryobi tss102l.  10 inch sliding single bevel??  At $170 it seems to be the way to go for a smaller budget miter that doesnt get used all the time.

I have the TSS101L Which I used exclusively before picking up my DWS780. Though a good saw with plenty of power, it's precision isn't very great due to a lack of positive stops. I thought it was great until I cut with my 780 and felt want fine craftsmanship feels like. I pulled out the TSS yesterday to make a few quick cuts, after my second cut I put it away and got the 780 back out. 

I work with a whole lot of PT lumber and I can tell you it will take a beating, but doing anything like trim or finish carpentry leaves a little to be desired. After 2 years now the electric brake fails now and again and I broke off the plastic miter lock a month after I got it.

Honestly the only thing I hated about it was changing the blade, it was an absolute nightmare due to what I'd guess is poor machining, blade is so tight I have to strike it with a hammer to get it on or off. 

I like using one of my Keter work tables as my stand. It's light, sturdy, and quick to setup. They range from $50-$60 at Sams and Costco.

That's is a perfect fit in there! I've heard nothing but good about the Keter tables too. Cheap, durable and really helpful with the clamps.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious as to what you went with myself.  I'm also in the market for a saw.  I will add that I have a few different saws and for years used them on saw horses or on the ground until I bought a stand.  I didn't think much of it. Last year I picked up a used saw that came with a Ridgid stand on wheels and since I've been using it I don't think I can ever go back to using a saw without a stand or one without wheels.  I love how much more convenient it makes it. Not super easy to load into a truck or van by yourself but it's just so convenient for everything else I don't even care. At this point I'd rather that Dewalt slider was $20 cheaper instead of coming with a free stationery stand because I know I won't be using it.  

I'm curious as to what you went with myself.  I'm also in the market for a saw.  I will add that I have a few different saws and for years used them on saw horses or on the ground until I bought a stand.  I didn't think much of it. Last year I picked up a used saw that came with a Ridgid stand on wheels and since I've been using it I don't think I can ever go back to using a saw without a stand or one without wheels.  I love how much more convenient it makes it. Not super easy to load into a truck or van by yourself but it's just so convenient for everything else I don't even care. At this point I'd rather that Dewalt slider was $20 cheaper instead of coming with a free stationery stand because I know I won't be using it.  

When I bought my DeWalt a few years ago I ask if I could have the rolling stand and it was no problem.