DeWalt's trimmer string - not your typical fare

JoshMurrah

They have all sorts of strings now with different shapes on them now. I don't know if one shape is better than the other, all I know is that winding string was invented buy the devil. It is such a pain in the ass, and you always run out when your like 90% done with the job. String trimmers in general can be frustrating at times. That's why I have my gas 4 cycle edger its way overkill for the lot I have, but it gets my edging done in minutes, and if I'm feeling nice my neighbors too. A lawn that isn't edged looks like shit. its also bad when they have grass growing against any landscaping there you can get at it with a lawn mower. Go buy a cheap Ryobi string trimmer. I almost gave them mine but was like fuck that its my money :)

They have all sorts of strings now with different shapes on them now. I don't know if one shape is better than the other, all I know is that winding string was invented buy the devil. It is such a pain in the ass, and you always run out when your like 90% done with the job. String trimmers in general can be frustrating at times. That's why I have my gas 4 cycle edger its way overkill for the lot I have, but it gets my edging done in minutes, and if I'm feeling nice my neighbors too. A lawn that isn't edged looks like shit. its also bad when they have grass growing against any landscaping there you can get at it with a lawn mower. Go buy a cheap Ryobi string trimmer. I almost gave them mine but was like fuck that its my money :)

AGREE!! Yea it sucks dealing with string and when I lend my bro INLAW my trimmer he always pisses me off by tying the string in a knot making it a pain in the ass to get out I use one called rhino I believe and it works and last pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, that does look interesting.

From what I've been told by the "Pros" at the Stihl dealer, only buy enough string to get you through one season.

The say that it does have a shelf life and that if it's old, it does not unwind as easily and tends to be more troublesome.

I bought a roll of some kind of square plastic stuff at a yard sale years ago for $2 and thought oh well we will see.......best stuff I ever used..it just keeps cutting and cutting.....I still have a few years on the roll considering I only use about 10 or so feet a year