my first video review, Makita XSF03 drywall screwdriver

NERemodeling

So i pulled the trigger today, i made my first video for youtube.. i was using the gun to install some subfloor in an addition im building anyway so i figured it would be a great time to bust out the camera and record.. 

camera man credits go to my man Ryan who works for me!!  

the drywall screwdriver has no problem sinking the screws into the subfloor, obviously sheetrock is much easier that this application.  its got loads of power and makes for a much faster and quieter job then installing all these screws with a impact driver. 

Im planning on doing a bunch more of this type of video, im thinking im going to stick more to a down and dirty type of video to keep them quick for me so dont expect much of any editing!  please give me any suggestions you might have to make things better, id love to hear them.  also any further questions you might have on this tool just let me know. 

if you have anything specifficaly you want to see let me know and the next time im using the tool ill shoot a video.. ive got a decent selection of makita 18v, festool, milwaukee m12 andtons of other stuff so just ask and if ive got it ill try to make it happen. 

• Like 5

Thanks for taking the time, that's a nice looking unit. Would love to see big red follow in Makitas footsteps on this one. The small things like light placement, and the option to disable it are very well thought out. Auto-On is excellent as well.

Again, good job, would like to see your thoughts on some M12 stuff in the future!

Thanks for taking the time, that's a nice looking unit. Would love to see big red follow in Makitas footsteps on this one. The small things like light placement, and the option to disable it are very well thought out. Auto-On is excellent as well.

Again, good job, would like to see your thoughts on some M12 stuff in the future!

Thanks man, it was pretty fun to make the video actually.

I'm suprised to see that Milwaukee doesn't have anything in the cordless drywall screwdriver market.. it seems like such a basic tool, I would think they would have something. I'm sure they are hard at work coming out with something great now that really all the big names have new units out.

I'll make sure to keep m12 at the front of my list!

Thanks for the comments!

Bigmike, comp, madman and kwc,

Thanks guys! I know it's no masterpiece but I wanted to just make one and have fun with it.. not stress over all the details being perfect.

Bigmike and madman, I'm glad you guys like my NER gear! I put some time and money into the logo and am pretty fond of it myself :) that's standard equipment for every job every day. I require both myself and my guy Ryan to always have my logo visible on the outermost piece of clothing were wearing on the job to keep a uniform, clean appearance for our customers.. we've got everything from t-shirts to insulated carhartt jackets and everything inbetween!!

I'm glad you guys like the review and really appreciate the YouTube love!

Ner great job. Awesome drill, but u still need a dewalt with the feeder.

ouch... i don't know about that....   i think i would grab a hand screwdriver before something yellow!!!!   hahahaha   just messing around!   

a part of me does hope that makita comes out with an autofeed attachment for this drill but like i said in my video i really like the idea of not having to keep multiple types of screws in my trailer..  

having an autofeed attachment could possible change things though... that way i wouldn't be forced into using strips.. if i had strips on hand i could use them and if i happened to run out of them mid job i could just switch to loose screws to finish the day and not be forced to stop work and run back to the store 

Great review vid man. I was curious about the always ready mode. I was under the impression that it would make the screw gun run constantly, similar to locking the trigger on a traditional drywall gun. Keep up the good work!

thanks man!  yeah the always ready or "push drive" as makita calls it is an excellent feature... its how i use the tool 99% of the time (possibly 100%)    its great not to have to constantly listen to the tool run between screws, also saving battery is a plus. 

the tools does have a trigger lock like a corded drill does and you can engage that trigger lock in both the standard mode (so it will run and should just like a corded drill) and also in the push drive mode 

Awesome Job NER! Friggin great work dude! Tool looks awesome too!

I was wondering when you were gonna show up!! haha    

I would have never have made it if you didn't make your bosch video so thanks to you for the kick in the ass!

i made a few more today that ill be posting shortly      one of them has some green ;)

I was wondering when you were gonna show up!! haha    

I would have never have made it if you didn't make your bosch video so thanks to you for the kick in the ass!

i made a few more today that ill be posting shortly      one of them has some green ;)[/quote

I can't wait to see them John it's cool watching these plus seeing you guys is really cool too. Great work dude!

• Like 1

Nice review, NER. Even though I don't really have much of a need for a drywall screwdriver, I have still been eyeing this along with the dewalt model that was just announced/released. Now I want one more than ever.

i like Makita but have no use for drywall gun... now if Milwaukee comes out with a drywall gun that would get just for the hell of it

you guys say you have no need for a drywall gun... see, you have it all wrong.. you have not found a need for one yet :)   and you might as well get one before the need arises so your properly prepared!!  haha

remember, like the video shows.. its good for all types of bulk screwing and screwing where depth is critical like with decking (never tried it myself but I'm positive it would work)

• Like 1

man i drywalled today one side of the dining room and i used the makita corded drywall ( FS4200 ).

bought it from the local HD, didnt want to wait until i order the right one online...it will get the job done too. then i can still bring it back :P

that tool is pretty loud when its on auto on. had to wear ear protection. maybe its just me but i like to protect my ears while working haha

even when i framed i wore ear protection....

and that cord....ugh so annoying, thats my first time using a drywall gun and im already ready to buy a cordless version.