MASSIVE Brushless Drill Fight: Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Bosch & Metabo

dwain

Well it's FINALLY here! Not only is the eagerly awaited video up, but so is our new site! If you want to see our full review, please check it out! http://oztooltalk.com/hammer_drill_comparison/

If you really really wanna see the video without going to our new site (and risk making me cry) ...

Edit: UPDATED VIDEOS ARE UP! Sorry for the mess about. Prepare to be shocked.

• Like 6

insane!!!   you guys killed it     that was obviously a ton of work and I (and I'm sure everyone) appreciates the time and effort you put into it!

well worth the wait :)

can't say i was shocked but i was very glad to see Makita come out on top!!  that drill is a power house 

is that a new website?  looks great

Thanks all! It was definitely a bigger task than I realised, a labour of love and hate ;)

Great job guys, any reason you did not use Makitas handle during the first test when the other drills you used the handles?

as we mentioned at the end of Part 2, we have unfortunately misplaced the handle of the Makita. It's the one drill you really need it for :P

• Like 1

o oh :( looks like were didn't use the Metabo correctly, and so didn't score or analyse it properly :( :(

Next week I'll be re-releasing it with updated commentary, and new scoring. Possibly even a new winner, we shall see!

yeah the Metabo drill has a weird button on the top for engaging the clutch, rather than the standard dial. its quite easy to bump it into clutch mode. you should notice the red light come on, but we didn't...

Metabo wasn't happy with the results I take it!! 

Nah haven't heard a peep from Metabo, they don't seems to give a crap about PR. But someone on youtube pointed out the drill was in clutch mode (red light on top is visible in video), and I'm way to OCD to let something like that pass. I like to think I have some integrity ...

thanks Shade, that's what we set out to achieve!

Doing our final re-filming tonight. With any luck the video will be re-released later this week. Its gonna hurt our numbers and lose all it's momentum though :(

I'd love to Jason! But there's just so much that wouldn't be correct anymore, it would be a mess. Plus some people have annotations switched off anyway. I'd rather do it properly.

I'll annotate the originals to link to the revised videos, so hopefully much of their momentum will go straight to the new vids.

• Like 1