MASSIVE Brushless Drill Fight: Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Bosch & Metabo

dwain

You do have that, but Metabo should put clear instructions about how their drill is different from the others. To be honest I never read the instructions on most power tools. Assembly instructions yet, but operation instructions not often, I just figure if you use one drill you have used them all :)

ooooooh boy.. now you gone and done it!!!    how dare you take the crown from Makita!?!?!   just kidding... kinda :)

no doubt the Metabo crushed that run time test.. it was unreal actually..   BUT..    let me make an argument if i may :)

1. dock the Metabo 1 point for having a easy to accidentally engage clutch and/or being the most expensive in the test..  hell, dock it 2 points for all i care! haha

2. add one extra point to the makita for having the largest, most complete line of cordless tools and im guessing the longest running battery platform. 

3. somehow squeak a point in there for makita for being the fastest in every test!!.   

There it is guys. Makita winner :)... if you want to push the makita over the top we could always turn that crazy 8 out of 10 in the comfort score into a 9 and we have a solid Makita winner!!!! 

I hope you know im not actually picking your review apart at all ;)   all in good fun,   im really just being a sore loser  LOL

in all honesty, like i said before, great review and testing.. it speaks a lot about you guys that you went back and retested tools to make sure your information was as accurate as possible..   Nice work!

• Like 1

thanks NER, appreciate the feedback! yeah scoring is totally subjective, so Makita can be your winner quite easily. I'll give you my take on a couple of your points if I may (below in blue).

ooooooh boy.. now you gone and done it!!!    how dare you take the crown from Makita!?!?!   just kidding... kinda :)

no doubt the Metabo crushed that run time test.. it was unreal actually..   BUT..    let me make an argument if i may :)

1. dock the Metabo 1 point for having a easy to accidentally engage clutch and/or being the most expensive in the test..  hell, dock it 2 points for all i care! haha

probably a bit harsh. once you owned the drill, you'd quickly get used to it.

2. add one extra point to the makita for having the largest, most complete line of cordless tools and im guessing the longest running battery platform.

whilst that is certainly an important consideration, we are only comparing drills :P 

3. somehow squeak a point in there for makita for being the fastest in every test!!.   

yeah, we considered giving the Metabo a 9 for timber performance, but its 38mm performance was just so impressive that we couldn't in the end. the Makita did score better in masonry, so we were happy with that overall.

There it is guys. Makita winner :)... if you want to push the makita over the top we could always turn that crazy 8 out of 10 in the comfort score into a 9 and we have a solid Makita winner!!!! 

I hope you know im not actually picking your review apart at all ;)   all in good fun,   im really just being a sore loser  LOL

in all honesty, like i said before, great review and testing.. it speaks a lot about you guys that you went back and retested tools to make sure your information was as accurate as possible..   Nice work!

overall, we think that power, runtime and comfort are the most important considerations, and the Metabo is easily the winner when looking at these three criteria. If you added in Metabo's ultra fast charger to that kit, we'd have given it a perfect 50/50 score.

• 3 months later...

Those videos have been up for a long time iv watched both over 2 months ago i think

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm a bit slow to the forum mate [emoji3] Got some new vids in the pipeline coming soon.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unfortunately a change in circumstance for my partner has put oztooltalk on hold indefinitely ... :(

Bummer Dwain, that sucks... Hope everything is OK mate, sure we will be seeing u around the traps soon. Take care!

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh! This is by far the best tool comparison video I've ever seen! You guys nailed it, and I was really happy with the fact that you really tested these tools, and I felt your ratings were extremely fair for each of the tools. Good thing I bought a Milwaukee lol. You guys should totally become the official TIA sister site. You got my vote. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Thanks buddy. We put a hell of a lot of work into that one.

We sort of were TIA's Aussie sister channel, unofficially :)

Very nice indeed!

So many variables to decide what fits your own needs or typical usage, I think warranty is a big issue If you use them every day?

I bought my share of tools in the last 30 years and got stung a few times and it leaves a sour taste for a long time...lol

An another note, Charge time? I thought a while back with the Ni-Cad batts (I don't miss them) it wasn't good for them to charge them to fast and may shorten the life span, If so? 

How do the new Lithium batts quick charging compare with longevity? Wonder if it's better to have a extras one and not push it too much?

Maybe a little parinoid at times but I try not to let my batts bake in the hot sun as well in fear of damaging them...lol

Great review!

Many thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...