HD Story

RobertMcNjr

So today after work I went to HD to buy myself a new tool, I go to the aisle where the item I want is and see it on display. I start looking around to see if they have it in stock when I find an employee who looks like he hates people, the moment I approach him he says "What is your question" in this smug god damn it piss off dude, kind of way. He just wants to organize the hardware, maybe had a bad day I don't know. The guy was rude, I ask if he has this nailer in stock and he says "Do you see it?" I say " I saw the display and that's all, wasn't sure if maybe you all keep some in the back." He says "Then we don't have it, we keep stocked items on top." 

I thought "wow..." didn't bother with him anymore. Shouldn't of even approached him to be honest, I just said "ok thanks, take care." I check the website cause I knew that it said they had 4 in stock, went to customer service and asked them to check for me and the lady said "We actually have 5 in stock" I told her about the lovely employee I dealt with while she continued to call up another hardware associate and told me to go back to the aisle where I previously dealt with this guy. I thought "oh god here we go..."

So I go back and find a different employee waiting for me looking and that guy is there as well, awkward...So the new guy and I are looking and we see it way up there. Kind of hidden, as the friendlier HD worker kindly grabs it for me the smug guy apologizes and I say "Its alright, I didn't see it either the first time."

I'm happy at this point, go up and purchase it. Go back to my vehicle and drive home, when I get home I open it up and my first thought is "wtf.... -_-" I bought a kit which is supposed to come with a charger and battery along with obviously the nailer and the charger was missing. God...damn...it...

So then I decide to go back, go back to customer service. Explain to them that this kit didn't have the charger inside, the lady apologizes to me and tells me I can get another one. Shit...I hope that guy isn't there I'm thinking as I'm walking back to that aisle with the I hate people person. Annnnd he's there of course, so I approach him and tell him the situation. This time around he is actually nicer, apologizes for the inconvenience and gets another Dewalt 16 gauge cordless XRP Trim Nailer (yep I bought it, gave in. Don't judge me, I held out for almost 4 months! I can always return it if I don't like it. Just more reasons to come back and say hello to my new grumpy friend here at the good ol' HD store)

We started joking around as we went back to customer service for the exchange and after all that was done, went home to tell you fine people all about it.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

wow ya thats a funny story. those employees you actually find in every store. 

but even that " i hate you people" guy can check the inventory with his little device...hes was just to fuc*ing lazy.

if it was me there, and he would talk to me like that....i would go straight to the store manager.

i hate that attitude specially when you work in such a store where you normally should help the customer to find the right tool.

but at least you got the right tool with no missing parts. that never happened to me before; because i check the inside always before i buy it lol :D

wow you waited 4 month and kept thinking about it? wow i cant resist so long

enjoy your new toy bro

that is no surprise for home depot.....our local store's website is as good as tits on a bull... the biggest pet peave is these big stores and their in-correct stock counts.

The other day seen a bathroom vanity online wife liked it 4 in stock.... let's go get one (on sale $250 off) so get to the store looked in all the obvious places, couldn't see them so asked the lady in the bathroom section.... she says without even thinking ya those units we're sold last week.... I say hmm why does your website say 4 in stock? she say no it don't I just checked 2 minutes ago for another customer..... so I show her my phone...... she says that is wrong??? more are coming in on next truck...... ok I say how long does it take to up date site cause I just made a trip here for nothing.... she say maybe you should call store first?? now I'm a little ticked off.... so I call store right in front of her    wait for it...... guy says 4 in stock?? I say well that's funny I'm standing in isle 33 in the store right in front of an employee that is telling me there is no stock and I should have called first?? guy say hold on.....a couple seconds later a guy shows up  say what unit is it your looking for? this one as I show him my phone.... he says oh ya they are over in isle 44 

• Like 1

Not trying to defend the guy,but we don't always know what's going on in people's lives. Glad everything worked out in the end though.

honestly - i give a shit about whats going on in their lives; when you work with customers then you have to be friendly...if you cant, then this is the wrong job for you....go to mc donald and and cook burgers in the back when you cant be friendly.

(thats my opinion!) :P

that is no surprise for home depot.....our local store's website is as good as tits on a bull... the biggest pet peave is these big stores and their in-correct stock counts.

The other day seen a bathroom vanity online wife liked it 4 in stock.... let's go get one (on sale $250 off) so get to the store looked in all the obvious places, couldn't see them so asked the lady in the bathroom section.... she says without even thinking ya those units we're sold last week.... I say hmm why does your website say 4 in stock? she say no it don't I just checked 2 minutes ago for another customer..... so I show her my phone...... she says that is wrong??? more are coming in on next truck...... ok I say how long does it take to up date site cause I just made a trip here for nothing.... she say maybe you should call store first?? now I'm a little ticked off.... so I call store right in front of her    wait for it...... guy says 4 in stock?? I say well that's funny I'm standing in isle 33 in the store right in front of an employee that is telling me there is no stock and I should have called first?? guy say hold on.....a couple seconds later a guy shows up  say what unit is it your looking for? this one as I show him my phone.... he says oh ya they are over in isle 44 

I ran into that situation buying the Ridgid boxes HD inventory hits the webpage as being in stock the moment the truck gets loaded not when the inventory is racked away or put up at the store.

it is a love hate situation for me this HD store......I know for a fact they don't know how to display things....if you walk through the store as much as I do you would know what I mean......they have stuff all over the place ......walk down electrical isle and all of a sudden a shelf full of Milwaukee driver bits.....go down 10 isles and they have Milwaukee tool boxes just random in the middle of an isle... then go to where most of Milwaukee is and they can't find the m18 fuel grinders.......oh ya they are in isle 7???  wtf??

honestly - i give a shit about whats going on in their lives; when you work with customers then you have to be friendly...if you cant, then this is the wrong job for you....go to mc donald and and cook burgers in the back when you cant be friendly.

(thats my opinion!) :P

Yeah, exactly!

That's weird they must have either restocked a return that wasn't checked which isn't right, or they swapped both a bad battery and charger.

That's exactly what happened, whoever returned the first nailer I got previously either snagged the charger and the person checking it in wasn't aware that it was a kit so he/she just saw a nailer and battery and thought "this looks ok" or when they were restocking forgot to put the charger back in the box. Either way I'm glad I got a replacement, I don't want to buy a return that might of been used for full price. That's kind of messed up actually...I wouldn't of known someone else had it otherwise.

wow ya thats a funny story. those employees you actually find in every store. 

but even that " i hate you people" guy can check the inventory with his little device...hes was just to fuc*ing lazy.

if it was me there, and he would talk to me like that....i would go straight to the store manager.

i hate that attitude specially when you work in such a store where you normally should help the customer to find the right tool.

but at least you got the right tool with no missing parts. that never happened to me before; because i check the inside always before i buy it lol :D

wow you waited 4 month and kept thinking about it? wow i cant resist so long

enjoy your new toy bro

Ha, yea I'm checking the kits I buy from now on before I leave to make sure everything is there. I trusted that it would be. First time it has happened, actually no. I once bought a dvd and the cd wasn't even in there lol...f***ing Best Buy...