4.0 and 5.0 batteries

gsxr_1983

Just wanted to find out if there was a huge difference or not between the 2 batteries?

I bought a 4.0 with my circular saw and wasn't overly impressed with the life so thought about buying a load of 5.0's. But if theres not much difference I'll just buy a load of 4s and save the money

1x 4.0 got me a kitchens worth of plinth, infills and most the worktops so if a 5.0 gets the lot done then it will be worth the money buying a few more.

I'm replacing my Panasonic gear so looking for the best like for like replacements that Milwaukee do. And with Milwaukee's 12v range it does offer some complications haha. The Panasonic 3.0 3.1 and 3.3a batteries went on forever and wasnt much diff performance wise but was a big diff in prices between the 3

I've not looked extensively, but HD has the 4s and 5s for the same price. Assuming I'm at the one store out of four that I frequent that actually carry them, it's a no-brainier. (I have NOT checked online...)

I've not looked extensively, but HD has the 4s and 5s for the same price. Assuming I'm at the one store out of four that I frequent that actually carry them, it's a no-brainier. (I have NOT checked online...)

I seen that the other day to BK at my HD I think it's stupid that they price them the same wtf! I've been lookin for some good battery deals but only seem to find ok prices on ebay

Well there's about 20 % difference :)

5 amp is 20% more then 4 amp :)

I don't mean to correct you but just want to make sure the OP has the right info... your half right actually :)

if you are upgrading from 4 to 5ah then you will actually see a 25% increase in power     5/4=1.25   25% increase

if you are downgrading from 5 to 4ah then you will loose 20% in power     4/5=.8    20% decrease 

lets assume a 4ah battery is equal to 100   therefore each 1ah is worth 25 (100/4)  if you now add  5 of those 1ah together you get 125   i.e. 25% increase

in the same sense if you begin with 5ah, we can call this equal to 125, each ah is still worth 25 but now each 25 is only worth 20% (125/5) in order to get from 5 down to 4 you reduce 5 by 20%    (1/5)   add only 4 of the 5 individual 1ah worth 25 each and your back to 100 (what we said the 4ah was worth in the beginning)

hopefully i made this clear... I'm definitely no math teacher! haha

in real world stuff...  with a 4ah battery if you could expect 200 cuts from the saw then by upgrading to a 5ah you should be able to achieve 250 cuts

runtime should be the only thing that is effected by increasing or decreasing the ah of your battery.. it will not affect the power/speed of the tool. 

Don't get Home Depot over here :(   cheapest I found was  4.0  = £69 and 5.0  = £100

Ok joining in the maths party this is what I done ....  I gone and bought the impact gun with 2x 5.0 batteries and charger for £346, my thinking is each on there own they would cost:   2x 5.0 = £200 + the extra charger cost £69 and the Impact body only is £169   = £438       So I reckon I've saved just under £100 :D

And I did need the impact drill so I've not bought it for the sake of it either lol

Don't get Home Depot over here :(   cheapest I found was  4.0  = £69 and 5.0  = £100

Ok joining in the maths party this is what I done ....  I gone and bought the impact gun with 2x 5.0 batteries and charger for £346, my thinking is each on there own they would cost:   2x 5.0 = £200 + the extra charger cost £69 and the Impact body only is £169   = £438       So I reckon I've saved just under £100 :D

And I did need the impact drill so I've not bought it for the sake of it either lol

sounds like you got yourself a great deal!!  you cant go wrong with the higher ah batteries.. 

I remember reading that Milwaukee had redesigned some components of the battery as part of the 5 AH battery, though I can't find the original press release online.  The graphics and info is still available on toolguyd though (http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-5ah-battery/) if you want to take a look.  It looks like the redesign improved water channeling and vibration protection.

I've already got too many 4.0 batteries to start replacing them with 5.0's, but if you're starting fresh, there's no reason not to go for the newer ones I'd say.

Hey, I'm not criticizing, I'm a surveyor. I have to be a math nerd!

I'm not criticizing I'm just saying. As for being a surveyor I give up all the props. I took a basic surveying class last spring and it push my math skills to the limit. We had to use the transit not the total station. Anybody that thinks being a surveyor is a easy job is dead wrong. People just see the guy standing there holding the rod and thinking how easy that job is. 

My most recent picture of myself :)

attachicon.gifMath-Nerd.jpg

Digging the poster of the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.

I personally use the older TI-83 Plus witch is a little slower but still really good.

I'm not criticizing I'm just saying. As for being a surveyor I give up all the props. I took a basic surveying class last spring and it push my math skills to the limit. We had to use the transit not the total station. Anybody that thinks being a surveyor is a easy job is dead wrong. People just see the guy standing there holding the rod and thinking how easy that job is. 

There was a house built down the street from where I live and it was built 5 feet closer to the curb then it was supposed to be making it so it broke some rule about houses having to be so far back from the sidewalk so you don't have houses that have the front door opening on the side walk or something, but anyway the whole thing was ripped down right after they started to put the plywood on the framing and they rebuilt the whole thing 5 feet back but guess who took the blame and got fired that's right the surveyor.

Oops! That's stepping on your weenie in golf spikes!

I prefer the HP calculators, myself. HP 15c, 33, 35, 48, and 50. Once I learned RPN I have a hard time with normal calculators now. Something about old dogs/new tricks.

Oops! That's stepping on your weenie in golf spikes!

I prefer the HP calculators, myself. HP 15c, 33, 35, 48, and 50. Once I learned RPN I have a hard time with normal calculators now. Something about old dogs/new tricks.

Well high school math requires a TI-83 or a TI-84 where I live so I got really good at using mine and would have to say it is very good for solving complicated questions like the measurements of a perfect ark 

Really pleased with the 5.0 batts, bought 2 and has enough life in 1 battery for 1 kitchen installation using the circ saw.

The 4.0 in the impact gun lasts all day and still has 4 bar of power!

Hopefully the jigsaw will arrive soon so looking forward to seeing how that performs and with a 5.0 installed

Really pleased with the 5.0 batts, bought 2 and has enough life in 1 battery for 1 kitchen installation using the circ saw.

The 4.0 in the impact gun lasts all day and still has 4 bar of power!

Hopefully the jigsaw will arrive soon so looking forward to seeing how that performs and with a 5.0 installed

ur gonna really love the jigsaw I purchased it last year and its a beast very powerful and pretty smooth.
  • Like 1