Solar Panels

madman_us

How many batteries are you putting in?

no batteries...so its not gonna be a off-grid project.

i actually feed in the electric i overproduce during the day....so i build up a credit on my meter...when i gonna need more like using the A/C then i use those credits. hope it gonna make sense

nope man - no need too....dont even wanna know how much that will cost....prolly like a brand new truck or so.

and in the end my house gonna burn down like all the tesla's on the street :P

no actually my meter runs backwards when produce during the day and my demand is not that high....the solar panels gonna produce enough during the day that i can run the ac unit with it.

so here we go guys. my solar contractor called this morning if his guys can come out to start with the project. of course i didnt say no :D

after his phone call they came within 15mins, i didnt even have time to drink my coffee haha

they started right away with finding the rafters, used the lag bolts to secure the rails to the roof.

the wire is pulled thru the attic all the way into my garage to a junction box, from there they have to go to the inverter next to the panel.

rails are all installed. those guys are quick....they got lots of stuff done in one day.

30x 255watt solar panels.

here a little slideshow, i gonna upload more pictures in the next 2 days....then should everything be up and running.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MadManDeluxe/slideshow/solar

0408151729a_zpsyjoadlao.jpg

thanks poison. ya they install a bunch of solar systems in the area. they know what they are doing.

the boss is doing solar since 30y - thats quite some experience. and this company was way way lower then another local company.

they wanted 6k more - kinda greedy to me.

yeah its kinda dry....i like to play in a sandbox :P

here are some numbers for you guys,

yesterday we turned on the system at around 1.30pm at we produce 27.4 kwh

today the system was running actually the whole day and we produced 48.2 kwh

we feed in more what we used but we dont get credit for that. (not yet)

now we have to wait until the inspector comes by for the final ok. then we get credit for the kwh we feed in.

in the pictures i just uploaded you can see that we feed in 6.5 kwh - so we were overproducing.

oh and i have to mention, the inspection date can be up to 4 weeks.

electric company are crooks - during that time they get free electric during the day which they can resell.

here are some more pictures i added to the slideshow

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MadManDeluxe/slideshow/solar

i kinda like how it looks like

0410151707b_zpsowksjujj.jpg