Dewalt DWS 780 some questions

DzordanoBruno

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, i would like to buy new(my first) saw. I'm looking ať Dewalt Dws 780.

And I have few questions.

1. Is this saw set out of the box dead on?

2. Have You any problems with this dewalt?

3. How its power/price/user friendly?

4. Is this saw greas value? How it s manufactured?

Please write some informations and thanks for your answers. And sorry, my english isnt good, iam from Czech Republic.

• Like 1

I got this deal during December and have used it a handful of times and love it mind U that I'm in no way a professional contractor just a hard core diy guy....mine was accurate right out the box the XPS system is awesome and the weight on it isn't bad plus U can't beat the free stand they give with it.

welcome to the forum.

I have the 718 and the 780. the 780 is a way better saw.

no problems at all with it.

the dust collection is very good.

xps system is brilliant .I wouldn't buy a saw with out it. there is no way for it to be off . lasers are terrible compared to the xps. exept outside on really sunny days. luckily in Ireland we don't get many

welcome to TIA forum

check out this page and tell you something about ya:

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/forum/45-introduce-yourself/

there are a bunch of members who have that saw and they are all pleased with it.

you should definitely go for it.

when you buy it at homedepot, let them know that lowes has the same deal and you get 5% there with the lowes credit card - or even 10% with the lowes movers coupon which you can also buy on ebay.

HD should give you the same rebate if they want to keep you as a customer :P

happy buying!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great deal if you're getting it with the stand, got mine last November and it was dead nuts accurate, I also bought a 100t Diablo blade and it cuts like butter, I have only done some trim work and a DIYer and no pro. The XPS system is great and is why I bought it as I didn't want to deal with needing to adjust a laser.

HD currently has this with free stand deal going on now, just an FYI

• 3 months later...

I'm in the market for a new saw, being on youtube checking out all the top brands latest models. How is the slide on this for those who have used it? Dust collection isn't a huge issue for me as I would only being it outdoors.

I use this saw for 3month and i have no issue with it.

This slides arent smooth like Festool Kapex or Bosch, but this saw is really heavy duty. Two weeks ago i saw Festool Kapex and this saw looks like toy and Bosch has much more plastic parts.

But Dewalt:

- terrible dust extraction, more weight

+ accuracy, power, settings ( depth, fence..), XPS, really heavy duty feel in your hands.

I've had mine for a about 5-6 months and I love it! There a knob on the top that U can adjust, mine feels smooth and the bag does catch a lot of the dust for me though it does fill up really quick plus U can't beat that XPS light best in the market

• Like 1

Upgrade the dust collection? For me I have been mainly using it for framing at the moment so I haven't spent much time caring about dust collection, but looking at the saw I could see that if this was used inside a customers house for finished work that it might be a problem.

From my research the 780 is the best saw on the market but cost 599+tax. If you are looking for something a bitch cheaper and still very good try out the Hitachi C12RSH 15 Amp 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser. I saw a video from the tool guys on here a few weeks ago and they almost made me want to go buy one of these Hitachi miter saws so I can finally stop borrowing my neighbors. I am trying to hold out till after Christmas for the really good deals!

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed a big difference in the slides between type 1 or type 20. The parts diagram confirm a difference. Type 20 is made in Taiwan and type 1 in Mexico. I spoke with a dewalt technician and he confirmed that the type 20 has improved slides.

What exactly is different with the slides? Does it operate smoother? More stable with less flex? Why did they redesign the slides so soon after this saw was released for retail? It's relatively a new product considering how long it's been available.