A Few New Tools.....

comp56

wow thats a lot

I am proud to say the most I have spent on snap-on tools was getting my dad a new battery and case for his 5500$ scanner the battery and case cost me 200$ it was for his birthday and I got a free tinny orange Flathead screwdriver that has a pocket clip and magnet witch has been well used but not often for what its intended for. That was also the only thing I have ever bought from snap-on and I hope it stays that way.

half price of too much is still too much.....the mattress industry is going though that right now.....claiming all these mattresses are regular priced at $1700 and selling on sale for $650

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2015/2/23/Sears-Hudsons-Bay-mattress-discounts-under-investigation.aspx

Ok guys, first off let me apologize for being so absent lately. As you know, my job is an elected position and this is an election year, so with nominations out right now, trains blowing up on my line, and all the havoc caused by this crazy weather, it's a very busy time for me. 

I will impart my knowledge to the best of my ability:

Tekton impacts are made in Taiwan. This is literally decades better than China and most Taiwan manufacturers today can meet or (for some types of products) exceed the quality of US production. I'm not saying that's the case with sockets, but Taiwan does very good.

The most common complaint about Tekton impact sockets is the fact they are made from CR-V (Chrome Vanadium) as opposed to CR-MO (Chrome Molybdenum) like most higher quality sockets. While it's true that CR-MO is a higher grade steel in impact use and generally preferred, I've used the Tekton sockets both in my shop and in a racing environment without issue. They've taken everything my 1260 ft.-lb. impact can throw at them. If I were making a living with them and relying on them to feed my children, yea, I'd probably want CR-MO, but for my use the Tekton's were just the ticket. 

Snap-On……don't get me started!

Hey conductor good to see U back and I hope election is going good for you bro. I don't know if u seen man but I just stocked up on a couple sets lately for the house and I've been using them at the shop and they've been great and for the price there awesome and it feels better to k ow they surpass the China crap. I wish you the best of luck my friend in your elections conductor!