M18 Jigsaw

gsxr_1983

Arrived yesterday, first thing I noticed was how heavy it was for a cordless jigsaw but I'd say no heavier than the old Bosch 24v (which I quite liked before lithium became the thing). Motors very smooth so you get a good feel too.

Only moan is that the base is loose so dosnt lock, assuming I just need to tighten the nut on the bottom with a deep socket

well the freedom of no cords is worth something, the battery life in all my other m12 or m18 tools seem to be great can't see why a jig saw would be any different......would like to see a fuel version come out however......

• Like 1

I have one of these on my want list but would really like to wait for a fuel version, seeings these models have been around for awhile and fuel is their new stuff.....

• Like 1

Yup.....F -E-S-T-O-O-L :D

My Carvex is brushless and the cordless versions are too. Also Makita has brushless ones out now too and NER has one. I'm thinking about dropping some serious coin on one of the 18v brushless ones

• Like 1

Arrived yesterday, first thing I noticed was how heavy it was for a cordless jigsaw but I'd say no heavier than the old Bosch 24v (which I quite liked before lithium became the thing). Motors very smooth so you get a good feel too.

Only moan is that the base is loose so dosnt lock, assuming I just need to tighten the nut on the bottom with a deep socket

show us some pictures of the base.

does anyone have a brushless jig saw  out yet?

like Chris said, the Festool Carvex is and Makita has a new Brushless jigsaw.. only top handle for the makita in the US but you can snag a barrel grip Makita from Canada which is what i did

I have only used it on one quick little job so far and i can say it was super nice not having to drag out the corded to make the cut.. 

How do you guys like the cordless jigsaws compared to the corded models?

I just decided to grab the New Makita Brushless jigsaw and plan to use it almost exclusively over my Festool Carvex.. for what i do with a jigsaw, which is usually never a finish cut and typically only used for small portions of the total job, i think the cordless is going to be soooo much more convenient.     if you are using your jigsaw for long extended periods of time then cordless might not be for you as i think they are fairly power hungry but if it is just used intermittently and you have a mostly cordless jobsite then i would say cordless is a great option

Since Chris mentioned his Carvex in thus thread I am going to muddy things and say I bought the Bosch 12v from overseas last year (couldn't wait for a US release). It has been a nice little jigsaw. Perfect for coping and small cuts. Bought a Collins foot for it.

• Like 1

Since Chris mentioned his Carvex in thus thread I am going to muddy things and say I bought the Bosch 12v from overseas last year (couldn't wait for a US release). It has been a nice little jigsaw. Perfect for coping and small cuts. Bought a Collins foot for it.

ooo shit!!  look out, mister exclusive is in the house!!

that picture is going to give Madman wet dreams tonight!  lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

nice saw man, cool to know the coping foot fits it.. ive got one for my carvex and love it..   on the carvex its nice because its tool free to take it on and off. thats my favorite feature of the carvex

• Like 2

ooo shit!!  look out, mister exclusive is in the house!!

that picture is going to give Madman wet dreams tonight!  lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

nice saw man, cool to know the coping foot fits it.. ive got one for my carvex and love it..   on the carvex its nice because its tool free to take it on and off. thats my favorite feature of the carvex

Lol..not sure about Mr. Exclusive. Just paid a premium to get a tool I wanted. It would be nice to have a quick change base with the saw.

I really don't use a Jigsaw much and I have been on the fence on buying a Carvex. I now have a Bosch corded barrel grip. I have been holding out for this one from Milwaukee to make it over here in a fuel version.

HD18JSB.JP_zpsvutu6vyw.jpg

• Like 1

i have the Bosch 18v jigsaw and love it. Will try to review the BL Makita soon.

Even though i already have the BL Makita i would love to see you do a review on it!!    I havent really gotten to put it through its paces yet as the job im working on currently just doesn't call for a jigsaw much.. 

Well I'm waiting for my Makita BL to come in still but am really looking forward to it. I've got a 4.0 battery to run it and am planning out its uses. I've got a ton or remodeling to do outdoors and I'm going to make some custom decorative roof line supports on the front of our house this summer. I think this'll be nice to have so I don't have to bring my Carvex out of the shop.

Geez! I wasn't aware that the cordless jigsaw market was in such a demand! From the looks of it, it seems like a few different companies have came out with some pretty cool cordless jigsaws. Would come in handy for quick cuts and so forth.

FB82

Well I only have one so far Dwain in my shop. The Festool Carvex which is brushless. This Makita one will be my only cordless Makita tool and I won't use it a lot but when I'm outside I will probably use it exclusively on my outdoor projects.