My Kapex Saw Stand

overanalyze

Here is my setup. ChrisK1970 wanted to see it. I use a Keter work table, Multiblades adapter, Kreg fence, and custom made wings. Also made a custom crown jig for it. I made the jig so I can store it under the wings so I always have it. 

post-45722-0-46465600-1426363227_thumb.j

post-45722-0-42270400-1426363277_thumb.j

post-45722-0-50718100-1426363340_thumb.j

post-45722-0-10376300-1426363385_thumb.j

post-45722-0-32482700-1426363434_thumb.j

post-45722-0-37714400-1426363468_thumb.j

• Like 3

One more picture showing the entire setup. It is multiple pieces to bring along to the job, but it is solid. I like the wood wings over aluminum for some reason. I looked at the UG wings and the BestFence from FastCap and decided on this direction. I have been very happy with it.

post-45722-0-07339800-1426363694_thumb.j

• Like 1

that is a really awesome set up - you put some thoughts in your build - i really like it

fastcap's system is kinda overkill/overpriced

Thanks!! I did do a lot of research, looking, and thinking on this setup. It isn't perfect, but I really think it is close for my needs.

• Like 1

you talking about these holes which are actually for the stop block attachment?!

Bosch-GlideSaw-GCM12SD-05.jpg

i have seen a set up where that guy actually takes out those little wings on the saw and puts some new rods in it to hold his extension wing in place. when those are removed he rest the extension wings on the transport handle.

ok he has a different saw - ill make some pictures later from my saw

IMG_0279_1.jpg

IMG_0293_1.jpg

Yep those are the holes I was thinking of. You can make a solid bracket to bolt onto those holes that you can use as a wing attachment. I know it's another Kapex but you could modify this design and adapt it to the Bosch.

https://youtu.be/KYKcIu5Qd8M

• Like 1

Really nice setup!  I like what you did and agree that making your own wings can offer a lot more functionality than off the shelf options.. 

I have a very similar setup, do you mind if i share it in this thread?    

Not at all! Post it up. I love checking out different ideas! Its why we are here.  ;-)

That's a nice setup, if u had the dewalt stand u wouldn't have to add those wings.

We have a Ridgid SVU stand. I wanted the wings for full work support regardless of the length of material. One thing that would drive me nuts is when cutting smaller pieces, if the piece wasn't long enough to get to the roller it would fall down after you cut it. The wings give excellent support for the entire piece. Also it gives a great work sufrace for coping trim too. I wouldn't lose the wings regardless of what stand I used.

Andrew thanks for posting this dude. That is a really sweet set up and I have been wanting to do something without dropping 600 on the wigs. I just got the MFT for the Lapex and have the crown wings for it but really want an entire fence with stops. This is really an awesome set up you have going on!

Andrew thanks for posting this dude. That is a really sweet set up and I have been wanting to do something without dropping 600 on the wigs. I just got the MFT for the Lapex and have the crown wings for it but really want an entire fence with stops. This is really an awesome set up you have going on!

Thanks Chris! You can easily adapt your Festool crown stops to add custom wings. Alot of guys have done it. It does take a little modification and fabrication to your stops. Or just sell yours and order the Multiblades ones.

Not at all! Post it up. I love checking out different ideas! Its why we are here.  ;-)

cool.. i just didnt want to step on your thread..    Ill dig around the computer and see if i have some pictures, otherwise ill get some in the next few days while im on the jobsite.