I was talking to the Lowes sales guy today.

DR99

He mentioned that Lowes sold Ryobi tool at one time. I wonder if that was Ryobi tools made in Japan not TTI Ryobi tools I know Lowes carried Makita and Milwaukee till the mid 2000's, but never though they carried Ryobi. It also looks like Ryobi has pretty much phased out the the old blue tools now. Everything I seen in the store is the green color. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not the biggest fan of that bright green color the only good thing is you won't miss place a tool ever. Also Home Depot is no longer carrying much Bosch in their stores anymore except for SDS type tools for the most part.

I also saw the new Dewalt 40v lawn tools in person they seem pretty nice.

I still haven't had a chance to stop by lowes in awhile Ive been wanting to take a look at the 40v line I was lookin at my blower that blew out and it's 425 cfm and the 20v is rated at 400 so not much in difference there I just can't wait till it comes out DR, my wife says why don't I just get the 40v one but I will only have one battery to run that blower and I have a crap load for the 20v

I was in Lowes this weekend getting some nails for my 20v framer and im still not too impressed with the tool lineups. They got rid of a lot of brands and even the Bosch display is tiny. Never end thing but drills and drivers. A corner circular saw. No storage, no saws, no multi tools...

• Like 1

I have not been impressed with lowes in years. As for Ryobi they are pretty good. I have had a angle grinder I bought for a 10 min job, that was years ago and it still won't give up. I use it all of the time. Last week I used it to cut through countless amounts of #5 Rebar without a hiccup.

I need to go check out the Dewalt yard tools but I'm afraid to melt the credit card haha

• Like 1

DR I totally agree with Ryobi's color, I dislike the neon green, thought this was a phase when they introduced the Lithium tools back in the day, but it seems to expanded to all there tools, the only plus I see is that they will be easy to spot on the job site. I am not super impressed with either Lowes or Home Depot's around me tools selection, but on average HD carries more but also varies store to store.

But will all these tool deals happening I am finding myself waiting for a good deal combo before I buy.

Yea Chris the Tool crib area looks super picked over now at my local Lowes not. I'm actually worried it it will even stay open. A Menard's should be opening really soon just down the road. Lowes had clearance prices on pretty much every Pnumatic tool they carry for some reason and the nails that go with them. The other thing was the tool displays just looked picked over.

• Like 1

so that is rally interesting. I bought the reconditioned Dewalt framing nailer. I went to lowes to check out nails and they had four boxes of paper wrapped nails on clearance so I scoffed them up but a ton of the larger boxes are marked clearance too. Wonder what's going on there? As far as menards we don't have any of them out here which is too bad.

Ah, yes, dealing with Lowes... it stinks to be honest. I don't even have a Home Depot where I live, but lucky for me where I work has one! I honestly don't think Lowes compared to HD.... unless you are a Porter Cable fan since I have seen they have lots of that laying around. Also, they carry a decent supply of routers, but nothing in the spectrum of what HD carries or tools of different brands.

FB82

Lowes is kind of a different beast that Home Depot. Lowes tends to have more trendy interior decorating stuff while HD carries more building supplies/tools. I was just surprised to see every nail guy marked down on clearance though and the nails. It was like they are getting out of selling any nailers. Also Hitachi is a weird brand they make nice stuff don't get me wrong but the cordless tools seem neglected and marketed horribly. They really should be shipping out tools to all the tool bloggers. The other thing with Hitachi is they don't have many tools to expand with that battery platform.

I don't enjoy the Lowes tool world anymore. They definitely don't market pro quality tools anymore. We have a Menards and I do like them for what they are. They have a great selection of blades and bits. A lot of Bosch and OMT Orange stuff. 

i have the feeling that our local HD is stocking up more and more Bosch. For Lowes i have to drive like 45mins but then i find 3 stores really close to each other. their bosch items are still the same, plenty to choose

The big HD near me had a whole big Bosch Display with a rep there but its now all Milwaukee tools. Before Bosch was there is was a big Hilti display

you guys do realize in most if not all retail stores,  companies/brands pay for spots in the store...so in saying that if Bosch has a big display and it don't show results they either downsize or move it... so the next time you go to the store and see a different brand where one was is because the new company/brand is paying for it......not all stores sell the same amount of brands so some store are different....

(wife is a product placement manager for large retail stores she was at Target but they are pulling out of Canada, she thought she was gonna have the summer off....but was picked up by another big retailer for even more money a year ....an offer she couldn't refuse as they say.....)