Milwaukee needs to add more tools to the free bare tool offers.

DR99

I'm at the point where I have all of the free bare tools they have offered over time. I wish they would add some of the things like the Vaccuum/the nicer flashlights/ and some tools like the caulk guns. I get they don't want to give away the farm but I have enough batteries now, and would like some of the fringe tools now.

Bought the m12 lantern and i love how soft the light is. Totally worth it on its own.

After seeing the vacuum tool fight, I can't justify paying full price for that (knowing the other team has better vacuum for the same price).

If they included it as a free tool, I'd take it.

I am hoping for a deal on the m12 fuel circular saw.

I agree DR, I am at my saturation of what they are offering for free m12 stuff, since I am only collecting the Fuel versions and most the bare tools are non-fuel I am all set with the offerings, the one thing I don't mind is the 4.0 battery, but it would be nice to get a vacuum with my next purchase.

I've come to the conclusion that I will not buy Milwaukee with out something free.....wow such a 1st world problem O0

JackTran, I 100% agree I love my m12 Lantern, it will come in handy this summer for camping and working in tight places with no windows. Where was this vacuum tool fight? I am interested in the 20v dewalt with the cord for versitility but like the m12 as well.

• Like 1

Well Milwaukee has us trained well with the free tool or battery promotion. None of the other brands offer a free batttery/tool promo as often as Milwaukee. I always tell someone to wait awhile if they are looking to buy tools Milwaukee will have a promo at some point down the road.

I bought my first Dewalt 20V kit because it included a free battery a few years ago, if the Milwaukee Fuel was next to it with a free battery my tool collection would most likely be all Red, but brushless wasn't as abundant as they are today, at the time Makita was the only game in town but were hard to find.

I actually misunderstood the title when I read this. Your absolutely dead on. The free tool is really limited and to be quite honest I wanted to add a couple to my tiny M12 Fuel collection and decided....nah not worth it. Maybe they'll come up with a better one.

• Like 1

I find a lot of promo's are for drill/impact kits that are the brushed sets and free tool or battery.....would be nice if they had customer made sets......buy any 2 tools and get a third or extra battery......

http://www.homedepot.com/b/N-5yc1v/Ntk-All/Ntt-m12%2Bfree?Nao=48&Ntx=mode%20matchall&NCNI-5

If you look the only thing they seem to really offer is a 4.0ah battery which is pretty cool, but you only need so many batteries and who knows when the 5.0ah packs might show up. The bare tools seem to bee the brushed drill, impact driver, multitool, hackzall, and right angle drill, and 3/8 ratchet now the 1/4 inch ratchet either which is odd. Why not the new bluetooth speaker or M12 vac they are pretty new so maybe the next promo they will have them.

well they seem to cater to new customers, and not so much with existing.....I know I only need one drill and impact in the m18 fuel version as it is I also have the m12 fuel impact I don't have a need for a second drill even if it is smaller in the m12.....

• Like 1

It's great that you got people to buy into the battery system, but I feel like I get screwed as a person that likes the brand. I guess that's the way of the world now. Cable companies give you a great promo when you sign up then jack the rates sky high after the first year.

• Like 1

well you got that right, give you the world just enough to get you to commit. then once you have invested any amount the marketing team takes over......lately the coffee machine Industry has geniously convinced us it is better to make 50 cent -$1 cups of coffee at home when we can make a pot for about 6 cents a cup

Haha, I got the refillable k-cups so eat that Kurig :) It's the best investment I ever made. It's not as convenient has the k-cups, but it works 99% as well

and if ya think they didn't notice........the new Keurig 2.0 machines have a code reader......if the code is not on kcup won't make coffee.....in fact the new machines won't even work with no-brand kcups......but I fixed them...I cut out a code from a used kcu and taped it over the code reader now the new machine will work with any kcup even the reusable one you got.....

20150307_155534.jpg

• Like 1

I don't mind that they put a reader in, what I do mind is that they did not program a work around in like the commercial units, it's so annoying. For this reason I warn and don't recommend the 2.0 unless you NEED the extra capacity of the craft.

JackTran, I 100% agree I love my m12 Lantern, it will come in handy this summer for camping and working in tight places with no windows. Where was this vacuum tool fight? I am interested in the 20v dewalt with the cord for versitility but like the m12 as well.

Original Thread by Moze. Direct link to video: 

Just my opinion, but I don't think the m12 vacuum will sell well. Might have to wait for an upgraded version 2 (maybe Fuel?) for better suction power.

Their marketing department definitely knows what it's doing. I own all red because I got to pick bonus tools with my kits. 2730 saw free with my 2604 hammer drill and 2720 sawzall with my 2653 impact driver. Made buying Fuel models a no-brainer. I also ended up with the M12 Fuel hackzall and impact driver with a stick light and an extra 4.0. I've added at least 3 more Fuel tools and some odds and ends so I'm all in at this point but am still waiting on some nice promos or updated Fuel versions of older tools though. I bought the portable shop vac even though it's aging because I needed one though. CFM could be so much better with a brushless motor.