Finally !! Batteries with Capacity Indicator Leds

kornomaniac

Maybe they will have battery charging times and days passed from first charge as Milwaukee have.

Not sure what you mean with that? :)

Do you mean like a life meter/odometer of the battery?  I don't think Makita is adding any electronics capable of that to these new batteries.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My new batteries came in the mail today. Two 5.0ah batteries with LED indicators. They came out of the package charged with 2 out of four bars.

Not familiar with Makita cordless, I have Dewalt and Milwaukee which either have battery or tool indicators, does Makita have anything on the tool or is this the first Makita battery to have indicators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does Makita have anything on the tool or is this the first Makita battery to have indicators?

A lot of the newer tools have indicators on the tool. The batteries with the indicators on them are new and are just starting to hit the marketplace.

A lot of the newer tools have indicators on the tool. The batteries with the indicators on them are new and are just starting to hit the marketplace.

That would be nice to have them on the tool and the battery, I Kiel the Dewalt set up because the fuel gauge lets me check the battery level before I throw it in the tool. I wonder if Makita will try to develop something Bluetooth next like Dewalt and Milwaukee have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously. Haha. Running them over with my truck isn't gonna cut it either.. I guess I'll have to accidently drop them in a fire... Errr maybe on second thought that's not such a good idea either!!!! Can anyone say BOOM

Be sure to film it when you do put em in the fire. I'd like to see the results =D