Finally !! Batteries with Capacity Indicator Leds

kornomaniac

18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 6.0Ah Battery with L.E.D. Charge Level Indicator (BL1860)

The less time a battery sits on the charger, the more time it’s powering the tool. Makita offers the industry’s most efficient 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with the fastest charge times in their categories. The new 6.0Ah battery reaches a full charge in only 55 minutes, provides 100% more run time than the Makita 3.0Ah battery, and has an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator. (available February 2016)

18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 6.0Ah Battery with L.E.D. Charge Level Indicator (BL1860)

The less time a battery sits on the charger, the more time it’s powering the tool. Makita offers the industry’s most efficient 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with the fastest charge times in their categories. The new 6.0Ah battery reaches a full charge in only 55 minutes, provides 100% more run time than the Makita 3.0Ah battery, and has an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator. (available February 2016)

http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Company/PressReleases.aspx?ID=312761

Awesome find man. I have been checking their press releases every few days actually hoping they would announce something for the holiday season.. should have thought to look today because of STAFDA

This is insane news. Looks like we're getting all the good stuff and these next 6 months are going to be super expensive for me! Haha

December. 36v miter saw

February. High torque impact wrench and 6.0ah batteries

March. 36v vac

Spring 16. 18v BL reciprocating saw

Summer 16. 36v reciprocating saw

HOT DAMN!!!!!!

Hahahaha. I'm lying here in bed having trouble sleeping I'm so pumped up. I been wishing for the reciprocating saws for years

I need to get a life Lol

I'm with you.  It's been painful watching tool after brushless tool when, for one of my favorite tools, I'm stuck with a cord or a painfully outdated cordless tool.

At least I'm not invested in Dewalt waiting for anything to go brushless.

• Like 1

I'm with you. It's been painful watching tool after brushless tool when, for one of my favorite tools, I'm stuck with a cord or a painfully outdated cordless tool.

At least I'm not invested in Dewalt waiting for anything to go brushless.

Hahaha. Those poor dewalt guys!

You hit the nail on the head to exactly my fustrations.. so many times it would be the only corded tool I would have to setup on site. I have the old cordless but it's a first model bjr181 and is so underpowered it isn't even funny..

• 5 weeks later...

I already have them in belgium ? Maybe contact your dealer and check if they can get them ? :)

I'm in ireland where most dealers aren't worth your time, I've been just regularly checking ebay to see if there shown up there but seem to be only U.S at the moment