Did Someone Say Snap-on Tool Box?

comp56

As someone who appreciates a well made tool, I can't ever justify the cost of anything Strap-On, and I'm not sure how anyone who isn't an aircraft mechanic could. I make $40/hr and I won't even consider it. 

My approach is to buy three sets of something 1/10th of the cost and take advantage of the warranties while moving on to the next set. I keep the reliability through redundancy and save thousands in the process, and I don't worry about abusing cheap tools. 

I know some people game the system and hunt down deals for used or broken Snap-On and then bust them up and exchange it for new. If I had to I'd go that route but I'm not interested in screwing anyone, even Snap-On. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dang that would seriously have to be a $25-30k box. I couldn't imagine buying one of those new. I have two snap on boxes now. One is a little one that I bought a deal on used. I paid about the same as you could go buy a craftsman or kobalt for. The other one is a KRL series like in the pics, but just a 12 drawer base. I traded for it and don't have a lot invested. I really like both of them but I wouldn't even consider buying one new. Way too much money.

• Like 1

Some mechanics have a car payment just in a tool box that's not including the tools. Man, If you could do the marketing and run a really slick site like Amazon for tools and quick warranty turn around you could change the tool truck business upside down.

• Like 1

I think the mega toolboxes are just a waste of money for your individual average mecnhic. Chances are it's a race team or aviation shop with foam fitted drawers to control fod or some other commercial or industrial application.

Either way it's one expensive box. If your spending 50k on a box just imigane what your paying for the tools inside.