Makita worm drive

FrosBros82

I've not used one, but in my neurotic tool surfing, the Makitas get good reviews. If I were buying a new worm drive saw today (I'm not as of now, but you never know what may happen on the drive home) I'd be looking at, in order, the Skil Mag LT, the Makita, and the Bosch.

FB82 I've got the Makita Magnesium Hypoid saw. It'll cut through cars. I've had it for six years and it is awesome. Get it. You won't be disappointed. I can cut straight lines with it no guide no nothing. Lots of torque in the motor.

I have the Bosch and it sure is a powerhouse.. I used to use it for the majority of my framing but now I find myself using my cordless tools more and more.. between my 18v x2 7 1/4 makita and my new BL makita 6 1/2 I can do most of my cutting, without a cord and with a whole lot less weight!

If I was in the market for a new worm drive today I would be looking a lot at the skilsaw mag77lt and the makita hypoid magnesium

• Like 1

John, how are you liking that Makita 7-1/4 x2 saw?

Love it man!  I just built a 10x12 addition on a customers house for and it was the only saw i used for all of the demo, framing, sheathing, subfloor etc..   i even had to rip cut a bunch of 2x doug fir  and it chugged right along with no overheating, no stalling, no overload protection at all during the entire job..   i thought battery life was very respectable and with two chargers (or the new dual charger) going the saw easily lasts longer than it takes to charge up a fresh set of batteries so i had no problem running all day non stop.   it cuts as fast as i wanted to push it and more than enough power to get the job done...   it has a surprising amount of torque of a battery tool!

and now: how you like the bosch wormdrive ?? ?

nothing bad say about that beast..   its got plenty of power for anything your going to throw at it.. as long as you have a halfway decent blade on it that baby is going to cut whatever you point it at..   it is heavy though and if you don't need the power, it isn't worth the weight.. 

i actually did have the base plate crack once but it did take a decent fall... just ordered up a new base from ereplacementparts.com and i was back in business

I have the Bosch and it sure is a powerhouse.. I used to use it for the majority of my framing but now I find myself using my cordless tools more and more.. between my 18v x2 7 1/4 makita and my new BL makita 6 1/2 I can do most of my cutting, without a cord and with a whole lot less weight!

If I was in the market for a new worm drive today I would be looking a lot at the skilsaw mag77lt and the makita hypoid magnesium

FB82 I've got the Makita Magnesium Hypoid saw. It'll cut through cars. I've had it for six years and it is awesome. Get it. You won't be disappointed. I can cut straight lines with it no guide no nothing. Lots of torque in the motor.

That hypoid is a beast!

True!!

You really cannot go wrong with any of them.. they are all super powerful saws that will do everything you need them to do.. none of them have had a major change in a long time... that's a good thing though. It means they just plain work!! I definitely give Malika some points for innovation and the fact that they make really solid, excellent tools.. I like what the guy in the review said about them as a company