Nailers? What nailers should one buy for DIY projects

DPSElias

Well as the title states, starting to build up my collection of pneumatic nailers.

Are there any general purpose nails I should lean towards?

I bought a Bostitch compressor 3 nailer kit back in October, 18g, 16g, and stapler

I'll be replacing windows, siding, and build a deck and looking to make my life easier.

I am looking at getting a Bostitch framing nailer and sheathing siding nailer, are there any others I should consider or would this be enough?

I would stay away from any clipped framing nailers head nailers they seem to be slowly being phased out via code changes. You might want to pick up a micro pinner down the road that's really for fine detail trimming though.

I would love the dewalt as I have the 20V line up, but pneumatic is roughly half the cost, I am looking at the Bostitch F28WW.

DR I have been looking at the Pin nailers once I start on some more detail work inside I'll be picking one up, but this wont happen until next winter. You have any recommendations for a framing nailer? I am trying to stay with Bostitch because of there warranty 7 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I broke down and got the Bostitch F21PL as it comes with a positive placement tip for doing metal connectors which will be nice when I build my deck. I'll probably purchase the Hitachi pin nailer over the Bostitch because it can drive longer pins and this might come in handy, plus it's cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

You made a good call on the Bostich. Item for item they're probably the best, with Hitachi being a close second.

I use Senco finish nailers and a pneumatic Paslode framer. No complaints, but if I were buying today id go Bostich

bostitch framing guns are what i use, i have a friend who uses the new rigid framers, and he loves them there also a lot less money then bostitch but not as good. also the hanger gun is a must have if you are shooting lots of hangers or straps, the gun is life changing.

I.find that.bostitch are to bulky and they.may have been the standard for framers a few years ago but now a days its all about hitatchi there coil frameing nailing is one of the best and can take a good beating at my.work we use both bostitch and hitatchi but all the guys will go for the hitatchi over tge bostich but i geuss its personal preference

I.find that.bostitch are to bulky and they.may have been the standard for framers a few years ago but now a days its all about hitatchi there coil frameing nailing is one of the best and can take a good beating at my.work we use both bostitch and hitatchi but all the guys will go for the hitatchi over tge bostich but i geuss its personal preference