Troy-Bilt Flex

Not sure if anyone has heard of this. Troy-Bilt is coming out with a gas power base with interchangeable attachments (mower, snowblower, pressure washer and push leaf blower). Cool idea, only one gas motor to worry about all year long so there would be no seasonal prepping. The mower would be too small for me though. 

http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/troybilt/flex

• Like 1

Evolution tools has something similar but on a smaller non garden tool use. They only sell it in the UK though sadly. I like the Troy built idea just not the price. The problem is the attachments a close to the price of a whole normal self contained unit it seems. http://www.evolutionpowertools.com/uk/evosystem/

@Scoszko thanks for posting that video. When you think about it having the ability to buy one power unit and one attachment and then buy another attachment for the next season isn't a bad idea. I haven't had luck with Troy bilt motors in that a few years ago I purchased a trot bilt Honda mower. Ends up the mower motor was a Chinese piece of crap, two mowers later (brand new) I blew two valves (one in each) and my mechanic said the valve was too small causing the engine in both machines to seize. My only question is who makes the motor. I saw it says Troy bilt ohv but who makes it?

@Scoszko thanks for posting that video. When you think about it having the ability to buy one power unit and one attachment and then buy another attachment for the next season isn't a bad idea. I haven't had luck with Troy bilt motors in that a few years ago I purchased a trot bilt Honda mower. Ends up the mower motor was a Chinese piece of crap, two mowers later (brand new) I blew two valves (one in each) and my mechanic said the valve was too small causing the engine in both machines to seize. My only question is who makes the motor. I saw it says Troy bilt ohv but who makes it?

Very good question. If the motor craps out in a couple years, then you are out of tools for all 4 seasons. At the price point they are shooting for it better not be a Harbor Freight motor. I would wait a year to see how reviews came in before dropping that much money on a new product. The first versions always have issues.

• 2 months later...

I agree. It would be a little more justifiable if it had a smaller mower for me but its still tempting. I haven't seen the review yet. I wonder if they have plans to expand the attachments offered. Maybe a tiller or dethatcher might be nice. I am assuming it would be based on the market demand and how well the initial platform does.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk