milwaukee m18 ccs66 problem

crofty

Their marketing in the US claims 233 cuts through 2x4 studs... what they don't tell you is you need to space those cuts out over 5 days!! HAHAHA

post-49019-0-72132900-1428490338_thumb.j

it's a shame they are giving you such a run around.. what if you ask them to import a US model for you.. that way hopefully it bypasses any issues the Saws in your area have.

• Like 2

Just thinking out loud here but is sounds to me like you got handed the typical "Let's blame the consumer and run away" bullshit...time to dump the saw and go with something else. Even if you love Milwaukee it's no reason to take crap from them or their products. I'd ditch that saw, buy a different brand, and go from there.

Or, buy a corded saw, do your normal work, and see if you kill that saw too. Then you'll definitely know it's your fault... 0096.gif

I've got the old v28 saw and that works fine. I thought I'd upgrade it to a larger blade cordless saw as the corded ones require me to get the generator out and run leads etc.

I'm in the process of getting a refund and trying to get compensated as they have been messing me around for 6 weeks now but I've been waiting 2 days for a reply. Someone I know has the 36volt dewalt with 4ah batteries and really rates it, what to you guys thinks of it?

It's a shame to have to get into a new battery platform just for your saw.. what are your thoughts about seeing if they will get you a US model saw? Or you could always buy it yourself with the refund..

I can't say anything good or bad about the Dewalt 36v.. what I do know is that it's a very limited platform and with the introduction of the new "40v" battery style garden tools I would be nervous that the 36v tool line might not be around for much longer, leaving you with an outdated battery platform (pure speculation though)

I would highly highly suggest the Makita 36v (18v X2) 7 1/4" circular saw.. this way you open yourself up to a huge 18v/36v tool platform that you could expand into if ever needed. Makita has a ton of tools that Milwaukee doesn't offer cordless.. with the Dewalt, the saw is likely the only piece you will ever own in that battery platform.

Just heard back from the manager of warranty claims. He said that they still can't Duplicate the fault even though the rep said they did! Also he said the reason is because I did 20 4ft rips back to back. Although it was 8 rips before it cut out. Even though a saw like this should easily cut all day.

I'm still waiting for a reply and refund. Never seen one of the Makita saws. Do you get a double charger to charge the 2 batteries and 4 batteries with the tool?

I think you can get it as a kit which would come with 2 batteries and a single charger, I mostly see it as a bare tool...

you could always see what a local dealer will do for you maybe give you a deal on a second charger and a few more batteries.. makita has been giving away their 3.0ah batteries with a lot of stuff..

maybe talk to your local makita rep.. explain your beef with Milwaukee and see what he will do for you to get you into makita..

The makita dual charger is almost the exact same size as two singles side by side so you could just screw the two chargers to a board and splice the wires together to make your own double and save some money..

Sounds like a good plan to me! Especially as Milwaukee said there is no fault with the saw and the fault is with me. They said the best thing to do is get a refund and buy a saw from a different brand. And that was from milwaukee! I've lost a lot of faith and respect with them after all this

I was talking to Tyson apfelbeck from Milwaukee in the U.S. he thinks that the problem might be isolated to Europe as our blade is 190mm and yours is 18450mm and slightly thinner. He thinks that the components that allow the current through overheat as the draw on the European saw is higher because of the blade.

not sure if this helps but in Canada and my first   2730 6 1/2 fuel circular saw did exactly that right out of the box....regardless of what battery.....I took it to the Milwaukee dealer and showed him he grabbed a new one from the shelf and I was good to go.....he suspected a fault in the breaking system.......the new one cuts like no tomorrow......

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2015 at 6:19 PM, Oly6t1 said:

Damn I just got the M18 2731 - 7 1/4"  3 months ago and all is good so far. I havn't over heated it yet either. I now have a mind too know.

(Oly runs out to the garage to be sure)

Thanks for the post.

Just short of 2 years old now and this saw still cuts like champ. Still using the 4 amp batts so I need two for the day but thats cutting Floor joist, 3/4" flooring, 2x6's and so on.

Very pleased I made that purchase over the one other option I had for a full size cordless :D

• 2 years later...

I am having the same issue with my m18 saw 6.5 inch stoped working with new trend blade  then worked  again for a week or two and now not working full time .Not impressed at all .Plus I bought mine in from America so not worth the hassle of shipping it back to be told I am cutting to much which is definitely not the case .

• 2 years later...