If you could start again

DarynH

I have only just been a convert to one make and battery platform, I use to take every tool on it's own merit and all the crap that comes with it chargers etc boxes that don't match! now I've settled on the Hilti 22v platform I don't think I'll ever go back to individual brands .

I have only just been a convert to one make and battery platform, I use to take every tool on it's own merit and all the crap that comes with it chargers etc boxes that don't match! now I've settled on the Hilti 22v platform I don't think I'll ever go back to individual brands .

I hear you.. being an on site contractor I really place a lot of value in having all my tools in one battery platform, it's just so much more convenient.. Makita for me. I love how I can have 18v and 36v tools all work with the same batteries also.

Hilti makes very nice tools.. good choice there!

If I had only one cordless tool line to choose from, all my tools would be Milwaukee Fuel.

But every brand has products that excel in one area and fall short in others. This erks the heck out of the ocd person in me, wanting everything to be one color and one standard, but It's hard not to own a bunch of different brands and tools. Even when it comes to cordless tools. 

• Like 1

If I had my time again, I'd never have bought a Snap On 18 volt drill, what a grand waste of money that was. Should've bought a kit by Hitachi/Metabo/Milwaukee instead. Now I'm building up a Metabo set. The Snap On drill is just taking up space.

In the UK in my opinion makita ruined their reputation a few years back with the whole issue with their 18v lith batteries, they also extended the range of tools far too quickly and managed to dilute the quality of individual tools. As a more positive they do seem to have sorted a lot of the problems but still it frustrates me that they seem to make the tool kit sets of a lesser quality than the individual tools, the apprentice has just got the set including the SDS, impact, drill driver, jig and work light put the impact side by side with the other guys new one and the battery indicator is missing LED work lights aren't as good and the moulding of the plastic looks rougher :(. If it where my money it would be Milwaukee for sure!.

In the UK in my opinion makita ruined their reputation a few years back with the whole issue with their 18v lith batteries, they also extended the range of tools far too quickly and managed to dilute the quality of individual tools. As a more positive they do seem to have sorted a lot of the problems but still it frustrates me that they seem to make the tool kit sets of a lesser quality than the individual tools, the apprentice has just got the set including the SDS, impact, drill driver, jig and work light put the impact side by side with the other guys new one and the battery indicator is missing LED work lights aren't as good and the moulding of the plastic looks rougher :(. If it where my money it would be Milwaukee for sure!.

You.sir have been the first person to tell me a real issue with makita but im sure it could just be a lemon and im.sure every brand has a lemon or too that get mixed in and some unfortunate trades men ends up.spending there hard earned money on it but thanks for that imput im.really just thinking about there new big 18v hammer drill i heard its killing the rest

You.sir have been the first person to tell me a real issue with makita but im sure it could just be a lemon and im.sure every brand has a lemon or too that get mixed in and some unfortunate trades men ends up.spending there hard earned money on it but thanks for that imput im.really just thinking about there new big 18v hammer drill i heard its killing the rest

The 18v SDS is a real jewel in that range and couple it with the dust extraction unit and it becomes a amazing proposition, we do fight over it at work as we do install equipment and lights once all works have been completed so surfaces can't get dirt on them, I even have to put my Hilti down lol.