Ahhh, Sighs of Relief

DamianD

You all know that feeling.  When a project is finally finished and you get to sit back, crack open a cold one, and enjoy what you sacrificed time, blood and sweat to accomplish.  It feels great.  Some of you followed along with my tile project I have been spending the past few months of my free time on. I finished that a few weeks ago like i said in my other thread.  But now all the trim work, painting, cleaning, and all finishing touches are finally finished.  Like I said, its really a good feeling.  Now, back to my beer before the misses thinks up another project for me.  Cheers!

• Like 3

Pics of the finished product? Congrats!

Kitchen still needs a new back splash but it wasnt in the budget for now. That'll get done in the near future, probably after our wedding.  Now shes talking about getting new living room furniture.  I dont blame her but damn i need time to reload my bank accounts lol.

image-2_zps6jirfwv4.jpeg

image-1_zpstyg3bmhc.jpeg

image-3_zpsbdtglykq.jpeg

image-5_zpsu6wdnvpu.jpeg

image-4_zpsciqguuis.jpeg

• Like 1

Enjoy that "done feeling" a little longer man! You deserve it.. floors turned out great!

Did you figure out if that kitchen wall is bearing or not? Let me know if you need some pointers on how to determine

Also, remove the drywall from the section of the wall that your going to be removing on at least one side first.. if you just cut the hole you want with a reciprocating saw you never know what might be in the wall..

• Like 1

Enjoy that "done feeling" a little longer man! You deserve it.. floors turned out great!

Did you figure out if that kitchen wall is bearing or not? Let me know if you need some pointers on how to determine

Also, remove the drywall from the section of the wall that your going to be removing on at least one side first.. if you just cut the hole you want with a reciprocating saw you never know what might be in the wall..

Thanks for the tips. As much as I want to just take a recip and sledge to it, Ill control myself and do it properly haha.  And yes I determined the wall is not weight bearing.