Best Deal on a Milwaukee 2763 1/2" Impact

redmed

I am hesitant on reconditioned from CPO.  I bought two M18 drill & 1/4 hex impact kits from CPO when they where on sale Christmas time.  One drill was pretty beat-up compared to the other drill and the two 1/4 hex impacts where in much better shape.  I would suspect the 1/2 hex impact would have a high amount of use like the M18 drills.  It is temping though.

I have had mixed luck buying recon power tools from CPO. My corded hammer drill and super sawzall worked perfectly and are still going strong. A M18 fuel hammer drill wouldn't run at all - the forward / reverse lockout switch was broken and you couldn't pull the trigger. My miter saw had no bevel detents so you couldn't reliably get the blade to 90 degrees vertical. I really have to wonder how they ever passed the "rigorous" quality check process that they claim to do since neither of those two tools were even remotely functional.

Now, that having been said, CPO is a first class company to deal with. They paid for return postage for both malfunctioning tools - even the 80 lb miter saw that I didn't have a chance to test out for nearly 6 weeks after taking delivery.

One more thing to consider is that Milwaukee recon tools have a 1 year warranty instead of the standard 5.

So, at the end of the day, I love CPO, but I've really had mixed luck with Milwaukee recon tools. Unless you can get in on one of the super recon sales, I don't know that the money saved is worth the potential headache.

I've bought quite a bit from CPO and Tyler. I think my two most obviously used tools were the Dewalt framer I just got and my older Milwaukee multi tool. Both were in decent shape but had been used. And dead on about their customer service kdv, they are awesome to deal with.

I'm still thinking that you shouldn't forget recon dude. I've bought a lot of tools that way and the one year warranty gives me piece of mind. My latest purchase was the 20v framer and I'm really happy with that purchase! I've bought recon Milwaukee before and have saved some coin.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a 2763-20 from Home Depot for $219 while Menards was having their 11% off sale.  Seems Home Depot will match the 11% off for instore purchases during this time.  Since the 2763 is only available online I sent in a request for the 11% off on that purchase.  Waiting to see if they honor a online purchase not available instore. 

Ordered a 2763-20 from Home Depot for $219 while Menards was having their 11% off sale. Seems Home Depot will match the 11% off for instore purchases during this time. Since the 2763 is only available online I sent in a request for the 11% off on that purchase. Waiting to see if they honor a online purchase not available instore.

Redmed hopefully they do cus U won't regret that purchase I have it and that's the king impact in my arsenal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584