New Milwaukee tool storage options?

DarynH

I actually really like my job box. I use it to haul around the seemingly endless number of task specific tools and supplies that every project seems to need. I've got my everyday carry tool bag, but it is quite packed and there's no room for caulk, outlets, extra wire, wood putty, sand paper, etc. The odd little job box has saved me from hauling it all around the house in an old cardboard box.

Don't get me wrong ... I'll be all over some a red version of the tstak/tough box system too.

That's cool you're using it kdv. I haven't bought one, I'm pretty well immersed in a couple of modular systems in my shop but I've played around with both boxes at HD. My only gripe is modular. For me, I have a small shop and keeping everything stacked is a big deal. I've got a couple of boxes that aren't part of my modular set up and I knock them over, shove them under tables etc to keep them out of the way. I think North Americans want what they have introduced over in Europe.....here!

This I can't wait for. I want the roiling tool box bad and would like to see milwaukee come out with a storage containers like the dewalt boxes.

I would love to see a rolling box/cart option plus a nesting box system. I was going to buy the tough boxes but I'm going to wait now to see what Milwaukee comes up with.

I'm so glad I just saw this today. I finally saw the Ridgid setup in action yesterday and was sold. I was going to go buy it today....whew. I do like the 26" jobsite box and have bought one, using it everyday. Knowing that they have a modular box system and nailers coming, it's gonna be an expensive year.

Well all they need to do to have a slam dunk is license the gigantic range of tanos systainers. That way their tool storage will be compatible with the majority of the other tool brand out there. Festool, mafell, makita, metabo, mirka, bti, hitachi, triton, lamello,the list goes on.

But most likely theyll just try to reinvent the wheel like dewalt did and start from scratch with a completely new and non compatible small range...

Its so simple to get this right Milwaukee, but youll probably just shoot yourself in the foot. Dont be stupid and just license the already insanely popular systainers. Especially in Europe many work trucks and vans are specifically designed around the systainer tool box system.

Welcome to the forum Jonathan-m. Oh, I couldn't agree with you more about that the tool storage. I've got four different modular systems, two Dewalts, a bunch of l boxxes and many systainers. My favorites are my t locs. Not as durable as the Dewalt tough system but it is infinitely useful to have these in my shop. They're the best. That could go with Sortimo too. They are great boxes and have a decent foot print...