Team yellow is getting slow and stale....

RickyMcGrath

I've been a little disappointed in team yellow, the 20v line needs to expand and start updating more of there tools to keep up with team reds fuel line, I've switched to m12 and haven't looked back, but I sure do love my 20v but the line has stalled a bit. Milwaukee is just out doing them with new tools

I'm with Don on this one Dewalt has came out with a few new tools but nothing like milwaukee has team Red has dominated the market for about 2-3 yrs straight already supposedly thi was team yellows year but it doesn't feel like it... I love my 20v line but I find myself more n more in the milwaukee section at HD

Well Dewalt is having a new product event soon. There have been some leaked info on new toools also like a cordless trim nailer, and the confirmed brushless impact wrench. The big thing recently has been the new outdoor tools the 40v and 20v and the brushless drywall gun for Dewalt. Dan and Eric just did videos on the new Dewalt 40v yard tools. I will admit contractor tool wise Dewalt has been slow the only tools I can think of recently is the compact recip and the drywall gun.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm pretty bummed there haven't been new tools recently from dewalt. I guess it depends what you're interested in/looking for but i feel like they only had those select few new releases as DR said, although they have updated a refined a few of the standard model ones. I don't really need outdoor yard tools atm. I would LOVE one of the drywall guns or the framing nailer if anyone sees them on a huge sale somewhere.  But other than that I'm still hoping for some big new thing to pop in.  Wasn't there a rumors of a cordless miter saw?  Maybe they can adapt the 40V batteries to run large things like portable-jobsite miter and table saws and the like, but having a bunch of 20v batteries lying around myself i would wish for it to be 20v.

I hope so DR I'm really hoping for a update on there tools such a brushless circular saw brushless sawzal brushless angle grinder the nailers will be nice and I'm definitly gonna pick up the 20v blower I just wish they would be just a quicker releasing...

Dewalt has been in the catch-up game for some time now. They're no longer producing class leading products in hardly any category. Take the impact for instance...if a competitor makes a 750ft.lbs impact and you want to compete, don't product a product a year later that's 700ft.lbs. 

That's the kind of thing that drives me crazy. Pump it up and drive the market for a change. 

Dewalt has been in the catch-up game for some time now. They're no longer producing class leading products in hardly any category. Take the impact for instance...if a competitor makes a 750ft.lbs impact and you want to compete, don't product a product a year later that's 700ft.lbs. 

That's the kind of thing that drives me crazy. Pump it up and drive the market for a change. 

There is a lot of planning that goes into a new tool that we on the outside do not see. Market research may have suggested that 700 ft.lbs. was more than enough power for most users applications. Making it with 800 could have caused too much wear, or would have caused the anvil to break. It's a balance between the design/material cost, what customers will pay, and performance. 

I just made this scenario up, but just showing how much research goes into a products design.

Don't forget that cordless tools are not the only tools that Dewalt makes. Dewalt comes out with a lot of corded items that don't get the PR that cordless ones do, but that are potentially even more important to our business. 

Front Half 2014:

20v Grease Gun

18v Grease Gun

1-1/8" SDS + Hammer

3/4" Compact SDS + Hammer

20v Framing Nailer

20v Band Saw

Gyro Screwdriver w/ conduit reamer

Laminate Trimmer

Table Saw with Guard Detect

12v 2.0 Ah Battery

20v 5.0 Ah Battery

20v Drywall Cutout Tool

20v Dual Charger

18/20v Flood Light

20v Max Area Light

Upgraded - Circsaw & Grinder (unannounced). 

Back Half 2014:

12 Amp compact recip

1-1/8" SDS Max Hammer

2 different 1-3/4" SDS Max Hammers

2 different 2" SDS Max Hammers

4.2 Amp Die Grinder

1/2 VSR Stud & Joist Drill

2 Speed Mag Drill

12 Amp Recip Saw

20v Max Compact Recip Saw

Bluetooth Adaptor

8 Gallon HEPA Vacuum

Bluetooth Speaker

DW716 upgrade with XPS worklight

relaunch Wall Scanner

11A Paddle Switch Grinder

LED Spotlight

Front Half 2015:

Brushless Drywall Screwgun

40v Blower

20v Blower

Cordless Welder

Brushless SDS + Hammer (DCH273)

5" Corded Random orbit sander

1" Pistol Grip SDS + Hammer

7/8" D Handle SDS + Hammer

1" D Handle SDS + Hammer

1-1/8" D Handle SDS + Hammer

11A 4-1/2" slide switch grinder

Unconfirmed Brushless Impact Wrench

More coming in June

Back Half 2015:

?

Note: I did not mention accessories, mechanics tools, hand tools, storage boxes, air tools, or lasers anywhere in this list. Even though we came out with many new items in all of these categories. 

• Like 2

let me add in;

front half 2015

DCF899 Impact wrench brushless 950 Nm torque // released, on sale in Europe

40V hedge trimmer // DCHT860M1 40V Max 22 Inch , on Dewalt web site and e.g. internationaltool.com

40V string trimmer // DCST990H1 40V Max 15 Inch on web site e.g. internationaltool.com

40V blower DCBL790H1 40V Max Lithium Ion Blower, aleady listed above, but here is the model # 

20V string trimmer // DCST920P1 20V 13 Inch, on web site e.g. internationaltool.com or CPO tools

20V blower DCBL720P1 20V Brushless Blower, on web site e.g. internationaltool.com

20V hedge trimmer " around the corner, release date not known to me; already saw pictures

new storage system, similar to the yellow metal boxed, only this time in "black" release date unknown to me

cheers

mike

All valid points....

Maybe it's the "leaked photos" of prototypes that have me hyped with very long release times.

20v Finish

20v Miter

To name two off hand.

THIS! Only two things I NEEEEED, and it's taking forever. Makita has had theirs since 2011. I don't care how much engineering goes into a tool, there is absolutely no explanation or reason for being at least 4 YEARS behind the competition. 

That list could be 10 times as long but if they're being outperformed by the competition, it's irrelevant. That's my opinion anyway. 

No doubt Dewalt are releasing plenty of good gear.

I appreciate the upgrades/variation of existing offerings, but for the 20V users, the Framing Nailer and multi-tool were the last exciting tools. The cutout and grease gun are also good additions, but they're a bit short on brushless improvements.

If we see the BL HT Wrench, Mitre Saw, Finish Nailer and a few surprises (PLANER surely!) this year, I'll be back on the wagon.

Maybe Milwaukee are just ridiculous, and Dewalt live in that shadow too much. It's not like there any slower than Bosch, Metabo, Hitachi etc.

Bosch was really slow for awhile there. They have put some cool stuff out the past year the new protected table saw, wireless charging, and brushless tools. Plus Bosch showed off a ton of new stuff at world of concrete.

Welcome back on the wagon later this year

Ooh KWC, you gave it away... ;)

DEWALT UK said this year will be the biggest update to date. So let's just wait and see. It's only April...

Surely I would like to see team yellow kicking it up a notch in terms of new/upgraded tools, but on the other hand, like some people said before, I rather have them take their time and come out with a quality tool than a mediocre one only because they want it on the shelves too soon. 

I freaking can't wait to see what the finish nailers look like.

• Like 3

I am all for taking there time and making sure products are thought out and tested properly, but the rate they do thing is slow, I see the updated some of there saws, but honestly why update a brushes saw? that time could have been used to upgrade the performance with a brushless, or even better skip upgrading the 6.5 saw and get into a full blade saw......It seems like Dewalt is a one man hand made operation while Milwaukee is corporation of workers pumping tools out and upgrading them in parallel

It might be all feasible that Milwaukee had such a large line to start and Dewalt will always be playing catch up.

I may just have to take back my original statement. I've heard some rumors that there is some pretty innovative R&D going on at DeWalt right now. It's still clearly in R&D so it may never materialize, but I'm pretty impressed.

Unfortunately, I can't mention specifics, but from my understanding, they're trying to make tools much much "smarter."

• Like 2