satin finish reversible ratcheting wrench set

ozintx

I’m keen to find metric and SAE sets of reversible ratcheting wrenches, decent but budget.  Based on reading previous posts the Dewalt sets look like they meet the criteria (e.g. good quality/Taiwan), but they look polished.

Any thoughts on comparable satin finish options?

Thank you!

Location helps! Guessing by your handle, maybe you are in Texas?

Anyway, I believe the Gedores are satin finished, but hideously expensive. Proto offers some black industrial models made in Taiwan, also pretty expensive.

There aren't many satin options when it comes to ratcheting combos. Gedore and possibly Hazet, but Hazet is typically more expensive than Gedore.

Blackhawk is a step above Gearwrench in quality and are some of the nicer Asian models, but Dewalt is probably the best bang for your buck.

Thanks all.

I think I might give up on the satin finish based on the useful feedback.  I did take a peak at Gedore (available special order through Lowes website interesting enough) but out of my price range for sure.

I might hold off for now.  If I have an immediate need I will get the Dewalts, otherwise I might wait for the next Enco 20% off sale and get the Blackhawks I've looked at before (BW1400 and BW1450).

I did take a peak at Gedore (available special order through Lowes website interesting enough) but out of my price range for sure.

I did not know that. I actually find that a little frightening I can drive by my local Lowes and order Gedore wrenches. Buh-bye savings account...

Lowes also sells Metabo online now too. They should stock some basic kits at the stores it would be good for Metabo and Lowes. Lowes defiantly has the weaker of the power tools brands. In my opinion Bosch and Dewalt are fine. Hitachi and Porter Cable are nice but limited in scope. Lowes did have some Rockwell tools but I haven't seen anything lately. Lowes needs a Ryobi and Makita/Milwaukee tool brand bad. I think Ryobi steals a ton of sales for home depot because of how big the one plus system is.