Cordless Miter, Home Depot gives us some of the goods

AmSup

Dewalt hasn't released a brushless saw yet. I will say the price is much better than the Makita. I think that stopped people from adopting it 600 dollars was pretty crazy for a bare tool. I have the Ryobi cordless miter and its cool for small tasks.

Dewalt hasn't released a brushless saw yet. I will say the price is much better than the Makita. I think that stopped people from adopting it 600 dollars was pretty crazy for a bare tool. I have the Ryobi cordless miter and its cool for small tasks.

I agree with you, i would love to have a cordless miter saw but really cant bring myself to spend 600 for the makita..   i have actually considered buying the Ryobi with a battery and charger before but havent done it yet because i really love everything being in one battery platform 

I agree with you, i would love to have a cordless miter saw but really cant bring myself to spend 600 for the makita..   i have actually considered buying the Ryobi with a battery and charger before but havent done it yet because i really love everything being in one battery platform 

Wow the Makita is $600? That's way too much for a cordless miter in my opinion.

I don't have any Ryobi tools at the moment but I am considering buying the 6-Tool Combo Kit (2 Batteries and Charger), the fan, the light and the Cordless Miter Combo (1 Battery and Charger). All these tools can be had for about $540 from HD.

damn!   thats a whole lot of tools for 540!      I would say go for it man :)  

i can only speak for the fan and the light.   i bought them as a gift for my dad who is a painter and already had a Ryobi drill (which also serves him very well by the way)   he loves them.    he did have an issue with the light draining the 4ah battery much faster than it advertised but he brought it back to HD and they swapped it no problem.. i believe the new one is good now

Also you can get cheap blades anywhere with that size.

Careful with the hook angle on the blades though. Miter saws are best with a real slight positive or a negative hook angle. A typical blade for a circ saw is about 15 degree positive which on a miter, could be dangerous in that it will actually try to lift the wood as your cutting and gives you more blow out. The negative pushes it back against the fence as it cuts with the blow out only out the back of the piece...

Make sense?

• Like 2

Careful with the hook angle on the blades though. Miter saws are best with a real slight positive or a negative hook angle. A typical blade for a circ saw is about 15 degree positive which on a miter, could be dangerous in that it will actually try to lift the wood as your cutting and gives you more blow out. The negative pushes it back against the fence as it cuts with the blow out only out the back of the piece...

Make sense?

Great observation! We will have a blade specifically for this saw with the proper tooth angle. Though you can use a typical 7-1/4" blade, you'll have a much better cut with the miter blade.

• Like 2

Late June Launch according to the press release

Towson, MD – DEWALT announces the new, cordless 20V MAX* Lithium Ion 7 1/4 Inch Sliding Miter Saw (DCS361). The DCS361 offers portability and convenience, optimized for general contractors and remodelers for various applications including trim installation, flooring work, and cutting 2x material.

The 7 1/4 Inch Sliding Miter Saw (DCS361) features a single left bevel which ranges from -3° to 48° left. With a 3 1/2 inch maximum vertical, 3 5/8 inch crown nested, and 2×8 inch horizontal cut capacity, the DCS361 will handle most of the common cuts needed. The DCS361 spins at 3750 RPM and makes, on average 183 cuts of 2×4 pine or 275 cuts of 3-1/4 inch pine base molding on a single battery charge (DCB204 4.0Ah battery). The DCS361 with a battery is lightweight at 31.6lbs and with the integrated cast-in side handles it’s easy to carry around the jobsite.
Key ease-of-use features of the DCS361 include an integrated XPS™ blade light which casts a shadow showing where the blade will cut. A stainless steel miter detent plate makes it easy to adjust the saw. Other features include the saw’s 10 positive miter stops, a fast and easy cam lock, and rubber feet for no-slip and no-scratch grip. A high visibility bevel scale, adjustable bevel overrides, and a miter pointer on the left side of the table provides maximum visibility and versatility.

Whether the DCS361 is used for flooring, small crown work, toe molding, back splashes, base, chair rail, door or window casting, or any other woodworking application, it’s a convenient option for the professional. The DCS361 will be available as a bare unit (DCS361B) in retail for approximately $319 or as a kit (DCS361M1) for $399 in late June where DEWALT products are sold. Both units come equipped with a dust bag, hold-down clamp, and a 40 tooth blade. For the bare unit, battery and charger are sold separately.

Bare unit! Ohhh baby! Looks like we'll be seeing this online for about $299 I bet, incredible price for the functionality and precision. I hope the motor has the power...I know sometimes my cordless hand saw struggles sometimes with PT. Gator, can you confirm anything about the motor of the unit if it's the same or different/more powerful than the hand unit? 

They have a new 20v saw with updated stats. I don't know what the model number is off hand. It's one of those things you need to see it tested. Wet PT is the ultimate test for any saw.

I agree. I have the DCS391 which I think is what you're referencing. Depends on the blade too, can't handle the higher TPI blades in hardwood or PT that great, but still usable. I just feel bad abusing the saw by pushing it that hard.