Cordless Miter, Home Depot gives us some of the goods

AmSup

Home Depot is great, don't get me wrong, but I think that a lot of their merchandise is overpriced especially when you find it online for way cheap. I'm not 100% if The Home Depot price matches and I think they do but does anyone know the limits on that or if so, what requirements? Dewalt makes great products and I will stick with them. One question for everyone...what's YOUR favorite tool brand?

Home Depot is great, don't get me wrong, but I think that a lot of their merchandise is overpriced especially when you find it online for way cheap. I'm not 100% if The Home Depot price matches and I think they do but does anyone know the limits on that or if so, what requirements? Dewalt makes great products and I will stick with them. One question for everyone...what's YOUR favorite tool brand?

My experience is it all depends on the Manager on Duty. I have not found any consistency between them same store or different stores. I can get them to match a HF 20% coupon one day and tell me they never accept them the next.

I have no problem playing their "Game" because I "think" I win most of the time.... Lol

DeWalt

I gotcha!!!!! So buy the combo kit, the saw, return the combo keep the saw $75 off?

For the saw, yes. However, the discount is asymmetrically applied. In other words, if you returned the saw, you'd get the saw price minus 75, or $325. However, if you return the combo you'd get less than a $75 discount on the remaining price. For example, I bought the Fuel 2nd gen for $399 and a sawzall for $179. Now, I happened to want both, so I didn't return either, but if I had returned the combo and kept the saw for the discount, I would only have gotten back $292. In other words, I would only have gotten a $43 discount on the saw and not the full $75. If you look at a HD receipt for a promo sale, it lists the maximum refund value for any promo discounted item. I'm pretty sure they do this to thwart buy /return schemes.

5e9f92963a9c2f33f124736a4e466601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, look under each users name and they'll have the favorite tool listed.

And Chase,..... welcome to this forum, I'm less than a month in, but I feel right at home here, being able to share my addiction to power tools, don't be shy!

Not always true, I love dewalt but my favorite tool is a fuel sawzall, can't go wrong with that!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1