Milwaukee 46 in. 16-Drawer Tool Chest has anyone purchased one?

DPSElias

just got back from hd... they don't have any in stock anymore, even at the raised price. there was a red stanley box, though. i did a doubletake when i saw that. almost $1200... for a stanley! it sounded hollow and felt pretty cheap. really made me appreciate the milwaukee... even though i dont have it. :(

Thought I would take a walk through the local HD today. Walked in and the first thing I saw was a guy with a bright red Milwaukee shirt on. He greeted me and we started talking, I asked him if they were going to bring the chest back to the stores and he said he didn't think so.

He did say that another store in a nearby town had 4 of the tops in stock and he said that they were priced at the original price of $299, but he didn't think they had the bottoms.

He called the other store, got someone on the line and they confirmed stock, he handed me his phone and I put one on will call and will pick it up tomorrow or friday.

Now I just have to find a bottom at the original price or on clearance somewhere. 

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one now when I saw them at HD. Oh well, the Husky like the guys use for their reviews is probably what I'll end up with. That Milwaukee red was just awful purty!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have to say that I'm impressed with this tool chest.

I picked up the top today and could not believe the way it was packaged. Eric mentioned that it was packged well, thats an understatement. I used to be a buyer of cardboard for packaging and my guess is they had at least $25 in packaging on the top alone.

Now I need to find the rolling bottom chest and I will be ready to ask the neighbor to help me put the top on it.