makita vs. other brands

torontotoolman

I just can't grasp the desire to awkwardly look over my right shoulder to visualize the blade and cut. It's what I would consider a left handed saw, because to even use one I actually have to use my left hand to keep myself sane, which inevitably drives me insane because I'm not as skilled left handed, though I'm a bit more ambidextrous than most. Blade to the left is natural for my brain, and I can't really imagine how someone would think otherwise. Even watching someone else contort themselves to use one makes me scratch my head in wonder.  

Ya i like to look at the blade run down my chaulk line or down my mark on a 2x4,2x6 what ever or when im ripping a 2x4 into a 2x2 i thinks its akward to look over the saw to see but i have noticed the some cordless circ saws are having the blade on the side now if i ever showed up to work with a cordless id get lauphed at so thats why i stick to warmdeives and iv heard you can find left handed sidewinder/blade on left but you have to special order them

Ever seen the movie A Knights Tale? This reminds me of the scene where he gets the new advanced armor that's thin and everyone is laughing at him until he walks up and mounts a horse with no effort, then everyone stops laughing. The rest of the guys it takes 5 men and a crane.

To each their own I guess, but I doubt 5-10 years from now anyone will still be using wormdrives on the job. Cordless will replace nearly everything on the market with advances in battery and motor tech that are going on right now for the few things that demand a cord that are left. It's already plenty good enough for me and the new brushless version isn't even out yet. 

I see your point but warmdrives are a classic carpenters been useing them since the 40s i plan on passing my down to my son and so on but you make a good point cordless have come along way i just work with a lot of old school carpenters who are set in there ways and cordless is more the new school but i dont know if a cordless 300$ dewalt circ saw is worth the abuse a job site can throw at it i mean skilsaw warmdrives arnt crazy expensive so if you beat it up its not a huge deal but if you breal a new brushless dewalt or milwaukee i can see it hurting the pocket book lol

I tend to take care of my stuff these days but yea, if you're on a job where your peers like to borrow your things it's a heavy risk, I'm a solo act now so I can control that risk. On the flip side my only issue I've had with the worms, specifically the Skil I've always bought, is that they're so heavy they bend their own base plates when they take a fall. Other than that pretty much indestructable. I even used mine to cut expansion joints in concrete for a few months. 

I also got tennis elbow, lol. 

I am also a makita owner and user from way back to the 9v stick (still have a right angle 9v stick) now have upgraded through the years now have several 18v tools had a few battery issues with my first 18v only lasted about a year now have some close to 4 years old still going use every day.

I am also a makita owner and user from way back to the 9v stick (still have a right angle 9v stick) now have upgraded through the years now have several 18v tools had a few battery issues with my first 18v only lasted about a year now have some close to 4 years old still going use every day.

Welcome to the forum Cliff! Glad to have you aboard sir!