DR99

UK Dealers are now showing the

DCN660 nailer 

IN Stock

(internet)

cheers

mike

^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^  ^-^

• Latest generation 18V XR Li-Ion Brushless 16Ga nailer offers the cutting edge in nailing technology
  • BRUSHLESS motor offers runtime that cannot be beaten in a compact package
  • Compact, lightweight and ergonomic design makes the tool easy and comfortable to use but durable enough for worksite environment
  • Sequential mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed
  • 5.0Ah XR battery packs offer compatability with all of your other 18V XR DEWALT Power Tools
  • Mechanical rather than gas operation offers consitant performance at low temperatures
  • Tool free jam clear
  • Non-mar pad (spare on magazine)
  • Durable magazine accepts 32-63mm nails
  • Mode select lever with BUMP mode
  • LED lights with error notification
  • Stall release
  • Protective pads to place tool down on head
  • Smaller and over 1kg lighter versus DC618

Specifications:

• Battery chemistry: Li-Ion
  • Voltage: 18 V
  • Battery Capacity: 5.0 Ah
  • Nail Diameter: 1.6 (16Ga) mm
  • Magazine angle: 20 °
  • Magazine loading: Rear
  • Nail Length: 32 - 63 mm
  • Magazine capacity: 110 Nails
  • Length: 310 mm
  • Width: 95 mm
  • Height: 325 mm
  • Weight: 2.95 kg
  • Nailer Operating Mode: Bump and Sequential
  • Integrated Belt Hook: Yes
  • Jam Clearing: Tool free
  • Temperature Range: -20 to 50°C
  • Fault indicator: Yes
  • Noise LPa 1sd / Uncertainty: 81 / 3 dB
  • Noise LWa 1sd / Uncertainty: 92 / 3 dB
  • Vibration / Uncertainty: <2.5 / 1.5 m/s²

Supplied with:

2 x 18 Volt 5.0Ah Li-Ion Batteries. 
1 x Reversible Belt Hook.
1 x Non-Mar Tip.
1 x Multi-Voltage XR Li-Ion Charger.
1 x Heavy-Duty Carrying Case.

• Like 2

Here is a few pictures of my new toy!!! and the one it is replacing!!!

I got the phone call from James at my local tool shop, and I was there in less than an hour to pick it up!!!

They received 75 units with 5 amp batteries and had 50 already on back order.

In the time it took me to get to them to pick it up, the other 15 had gone!!!!

I am so glad I pre ordered mine!!

Just have to wait till Tuesday until I can put it to work due to it being bank holiday Monday!!!!

• Like 3

Here is a few pictures of my new toy!!! and the one it is replacing!!!

I got the phone call from James at my local tool shop, and I was there in less than an hour to pick it up!!!

They received 75 units with 5 amp batteries and had 50 already on back order.

In the time it took me to get to them to pick it up, the other 15 had gone!!!!

I am so glad I pre ordered mine!!

Just have to wait till Tuesday until I can put it to work due to it being bank holiday Monday!!!!

People really wanted the 20v version of this tool bad!! It probably should have been out a year ago.

framer

Posted Today, 03:13 AM

how does this compare to the cordless 16ga paslode?  the dewalt seems a lot bigger.

and when will this be available in the usa?

I had the Paslode IM65A not too long ago until it was stolen!! which is why I have the older Dewalt, as seen it the pictures. I got it to put me on until the DCN660 came out!!! 

Having used all three now, I don't think that there is much difference between the older Dewalt and the new in size as you can tell from the pictures it is only slightly smaller.

I am sure I read somewhere that Dewalt had reduced the weight by around a 1 kg??? I cant feel it if it is!! 

It is still a lot bigger and heavier than the Paslode. I have not fully used it on a job yet, but from playing around with it, it seems to put the nails in better then the old Dewalt and about the same as the Paslode.

Hard woods are the real test, and the old Dewalt had problems sending the nails home in the likes of an oak nule post cap. The new one seems to be fine doing this. 

To be honest the weight does not bother me anymore because I am used to the older one. It has a better shaped grip and for some reason it doesn't feel as cumbersome or as top heavy.  

Hope this is some help.

Just being picky, all the pre-production models and those seen on reviews I have seen had a white/clear no-mar rubber noise piece.

Just wondering why the went back to a black rubber noise piece, like the old version??

No idea, but black looks better imho. Or they could've made a yellow one :D

• Like 1

Dewalt is killing me with all these new chargers. It's absolutely mystifying to me...is dewalt suddenly concerned with battery longevity justifying these ultra slow chargers? What is going on here?

Personally I'd take half the number of good battery cycles to double the charging speed. Screw longevity, I need performance because these batteries are getting BIG. I can't wait 4 hours to charge a 5Ah battery when some tools can kill it in 20-30min. Hell nobody in the industry can.