Wait no longer the Dewalt 16gauge Cordless Finish Nailer is here

DR99

I'm with you 100% on that. Just got it for my birthday in the beginning of November, and I absolutely love it.

What's the chances anyone has heard about a new 18g brad nailer coming out in the near future? I'm contemplating buying the Senco Fusion since I don't really want to buy the previous version of the DeWalt and have a new one come out right after... Would REALLY prefer to stay with the same battery pack in a shiny new DeWalt though if at all possible, especially if it's anywhere near as good as the finish nailer. 

If anyone from DeWalt is reading this - QUIT DRAGGING YOUR FEET ON THE BRAD NAILER!

Brad nailer is coming out quarter 1 of 2017.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I love my 18 volt 15ga nailer, DC628K, and I can't understand why they haven't just made a 20 volt max version. Also, the battery adapter doesn't work due to the electronics in the old nailer, according to DeWalt. So I will need to buy more stick-style batteries when my current stock burns out.

I love my 18 volt 15ga nailer, DC628K, and I can't understand why they haven't just made a 20 volt max version. Also, the battery adapter doesn't work due to the electronics in the old nailer, according to DeWalt. So I will need to buy more stick-style batteries when my current stock burns out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one down the pipe, they just released another shot of nailers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

In the last 2 days I have broken the driver blade on both dcn 660s that are around 18 months old and have probably shot 100,000 nails each. Pulled the covers off tonight but they seem a bit more complicated to change the driver blade than the old guns. Does anyone have a link to a YouTube video to pull these guns apart.

20 hours ago, Jimfish said:

In the last 2 days I have broken the driver blade on both dcn 660s that are around 18 months old and have probably shot 100,000 nails each. Pulled the covers off tonight but they seem a bit more complicated to change the driver blade than the old guns. Does anyone have a link to a YouTube video to pull these guns apart.

100k nails?  thats a lot.

i thought i read somewhere on here, there is a trick to get the nailer to flash the light to let you know how many shots it has fired.

100k nails?  thats a lot.
i thought i read somewhere on here, there is a trick to get the nailer to flash the light to let you know how many shots it has fired.

Maybe, I didn't think so but they get used most days. It's about 40 box's of nails each gun. I'd love to know if you can work out how many nails have gone through them

31 minutes ago, Jimfish said:

Maybe, I didn't think so but they get used most days. It's about 40 box's of nails each gun. I'd love to know if you can work out how many nails have gone through them

ok, here is the quote someone had posted earlier.

"Anyone with the dewalt guns can check how many nails its shot by switching to single fire mode and holding the trigger, each flash on the lights is 1000 shots. "

20 hours ago, skippy_chippy said:

Switch gun into single shot mode,  hold trigger down for quite a while.... maybe 20 seconds and the lights flash. One flash per 1000 nails shot. Works on all my guns

I did this today on my 16ga and 18ga.  The 18ga has 17,000 nails through it and is less than 3 months old.  My 16ga has 139,000 nails though it in about 14 months of use.  I have broken 2 drive blades and wore out the drive blade assembly once in that time and broke the PTO assembly as well.  It is easy to work on after dealing with the junky ryobi nailers for a couple years.  Take the plastic off and there are 2 bolts holding the back bumper on.  The blade assembly falls out after that.  If you truly have 100k nails through yours I suggest replacing the whole assembly because the part that the drive blade attaches to wears against the wheel and eventually prevents the gun from firing.