Problem with Hitachi Router

I have a Hitachi router that I love. Has been very good with no problems. Lately when I use it, the router seems to get hotter than normal. I am building an Oak bookcase and have been using it for a variety of application on the shelves. i am not sure what is going on. Any help or ideas?

Quit buying cheap router bits. Just joking, but seriouly don't by the bargin bin bits. Your probably getting the heat build up because the bits are dull. Oak will eat up the blades in no time, so you need a good bit. When the edges of the bit are dull, you are causing your Hitachi to do more work, hence more heat build up. Also blow out the motor vents, so you can get some nice cool air to enter the motor housing and cool things down. It is natural to get some heat, but not excess heat.

I agree, cheap bits can ruin your tools. I know times are tough and we all need to cut corners, but bits is not one of them. If that is even the case on why the router is heating up. Without much info, it sounds like this could be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...