Dewalt or makita cordless drill

rdefino

The makita all the way. It has a light, very powerful and very light. I am not sure the weight. We have been using some of the Makita lines for over 10 years and they hold up. Great tools. The batteries last a long time. However when we did have to replace the batteries, they were very expensive, but I guess all of them are. We do commercial construction and they have held up the best, at least that is my two cents.

Try the Hilti 14.4V and 22V drivers, the batteries are really light and have LED. The SFH 144 is actually more powerful then the new De Walt 18V because of the battery ampage, but if you want an unbelieveable drill try the SFH 22A, which has huge torque and rpm - might be a bit weighty for you though if youre after light!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hilti is a waste of money in my opinion. You're going to get great performance out of the Makita. Dewalt used to say their Li-Ion batteries will go 2,000 charges or more. Recently they changed to "up to 2,000 charges." I talked to a Dewalt rep a week ago, and they don't even mention number of charge cycles as a benefit of Li-Ion. Definitely get the Makita, especially if you're thinking of going the compact route. They've wone just about every comparison test they've been in over the last 3-4 years!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...