Bare tool tstak bundles

Mattias Blomqvist

Hey guys!

Here in EU Dewalt has started to bundle some cordless bare tools with tstak boxes, which I think is a great idea since I plan to stuff almost every tool I have into tstaks. I'm gonna buy the 790 drill/driver as a bare tool and plan to keep that one in the same tstak as my impact driver. I haven't got a box for them so I thought I'd buy it bundled with a tstak (model number DCD790NT, N stands for bare tool here in EU and T when it's bundled with a tstak) instead of buying a tstak separately.

My question to you guys, since I can't find this on the internet myself is: Does the tstak come with hard insert with cutouts for that tool or soft insert so I can cut it myself?

you lucky europeans! haha. I seem to remember seeing a video of someone buying a tstak with 2 drills. It looked like the TStak he had came with a molded plastic insert that fit the tools. I haven't seen anything like this in the US though. The only thing I've seen here in the US are the foam inserts that you can customize yourself. I'm sure KWC or Gator888 will chime in and offer better advice

• Like 1

Yeah we are some lucky bastards :P I got my DCD990P2 kit in a tstak with molded insert. That tstak was some odd model thou, almost like a tstak II but smaller and with a different front handle. On the other hand, my DCS355D2 kit came in a standard tstak II with foam insert, which was cut-out for the tool and all the accessories. Guess I have to buy and see for my self later on,

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

ebay has tough case ds150 with plastic insert for drill and driver  for $80. I know $30 extra seems like a lot for the insert but 1.they are hard to find in the US (only 2 sellers sell them on ebay) and 2. The foam is going to cost about the same amount. So its up to the user if they prefer the molded plastic which is limited to drill and driver with  battery and charger of course or the foam which can be modified to your needs but can be a pain to get right , though might be more of a snug fit.I  bought one tonight and will post pics with the tools in it when I get it but heres a pic of the insert. $_57.JPG

ebay has tough case ds150 with plastic insert for drill and driver  for $80. I know $30 extra seems like a lot for the insert but 1.they are hard to find in the US (only 2 sellers sell them on ebay) and 2. The foam is going to cost about the same amount. So its up to the user if they prefer the molded plastic which is limited to drill and driver with  battery and charger of course or the foam which can be modified to your needs but can be a pain to get right , though might be more of a snug fit.I  bought one tonight and will post pics with the tools in it when I get it but heres a pic of the insert. $_57.JPG

Nice find William. Could it be that someone who bought a kit with drill and impact don't need the tough case it came with and sells it on ebay. I know they sell those kits here in eu at least.

I see. Well even if I hear tough cases are heavy duty as hell and almost indestructable I like my tstaks because of the more compact size and the fact that they are rugged enough for my needs. Plus they cost less.

I ordered the DCD790 bare tool and it comes with a tstak II so I'm excited to see what the inside reveals. Will I find room for my impact and perhaps some batteries and a charger too.

I see. Well even if I hear tough cases are heavy duty as hell and almost indestructable I like my tstaks because of the more compact size and the fact that they are rugged enough for my needs. Plus they cost less.

I ordered the DCD790 bare tool and it comes with a tstak II so I'm excited to see what the inside reveals. Will I find room for my impact and perhaps some batteries and a charger too.

congrats on your purchase, All I know is that its hard to find them in the US though I do see inserts from the UK  and  regularly. Enjoy the new tool and box!

Hey guys!

Here in EU Dewalt has started to bundle some cordless bare tools with tstak boxes, which I think is a great idea since I plan to stuff almost every tool I have into tstaks. I'm gonna buy the 790 drill/driver as a bare tool and plan to keep that one in the same tstak as my impact driver. I haven't got a box for them so I thought I'd buy it bundled with a tstak (model number DCD790NT, N stands for bare tool here in EU and T when it's bundled with a tstak) instead of buying a tstak separately.

My question to you guys, since I can't find this on the internet myself is: Does the tstak come with hard insert with cutouts for that tool or soft insert so I can cut it myself?

Oh I meant to ask, Do they charge more for the bare tool w/tstak? I forgot to mention, A salesrep at acmetools mentioned that all Bosch bare tools come with a LBoxx ,is that the case in EU as well?

I got the DS150 tonight and though I like it the box isn't really made for a full hammerdrill/impact combo with 4.0 batteries. The tools with the batteries attached is an extremely tight fit and the spot for the spare battery doesn't fit a 4.0 + battery. The tools will fit with the battery but the fit is a bit tighter than I was expecting  but it will fit them though its clearly not made for them since the insert will flex a bit. the 2.0 fits fine though and there is room for a  charger.If anyone is interested in pics I'll post some later on.

Oh I meant to ask, Do they charge more for the bare tool w/tstak? I forgot to mention, A salesrep at acmetools mentioned that all Bosch bare tools come with a LBoxx ,is that the case in EU as well?

When I asked the seller for price on both bare tool only and w/tstak he couldn't give any price on the bare tool only, said that it's no longer available here. So I guess the tstak replaces the one without since then. The Bosch I'm not sure about, I guess you can get it either w/Lboxx or just w/insert for Lboxx. But I could be wrong, don't own any bosch power tools yet.

ok thats what I figured, maybe they are trying the tool with tstak out in europe and in time bring it over to my side of the atlantic. I like the tough cases for bigger power tools but the tstak seem like a better fit for smaller tools and accessories. It would have been nice if they shared the same footprint so they could be stacked with each other.

So the DCD790 finally arrived. Took a month from the date I ordered. Will be ordering fron UK from now on. Anyway, I can confirm that the tstak it came in is identical to the one my DCD990 came in. So it will for sure be a tight fit to get my impact in the same box. That will also recuire some cutting in the hard molding to get it in there. I would rather use one of my new empty tstaks with foam inserts and cut it to fit both my drill and impact. But then the other tstak is rather useless. I could try to sell it on ebay.