Quick square?!

Kenneth Denmark

Hey

Do you guys use this tool..?

http://hybrisimages.toolcommerce.com//prod/500X500/DWHT46031_2_500X500.jpg

Why I ask is because, I think it's smart and I want to sell the idea for the carpenters in Denmark..

I need some tricks you can do with it.. Or bulletpoints

Hey

Do you guys use this tool..?

http://hybrisimages.toolcommerce.com//prod/500X500/DWHT46031_2_500X500.jpg

Why I ask is because, I think it's smart and I want to sell the idea for the carpenters in Denmark..

I need some tricks you can do with it.. Or bulletpoints

As a framer thats a main tool i always have it on me its most deffinatly a pouch tool forsure one of the most important tools

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They aren't common in Europe, but I got a few from the US and prefer them over the common used try-square anytime.

Just to bad there aren't many metric versions available. I've got one, but I don't like the way the gradations are made and it's a tad too big to put in my toolbelt. 

So I mostly use a 7" DeWALT square :)

Also if your laying deckboards you can use it for spaceing of the boards honestly you can do so much with it i can go on and on

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

And as you lay your deck boards in the cold months it make one hell of an ice scraper!

I have always had a speed square in my pouch. It has tons of uses. Transferring lines around a square. Checking if two pieces of material are flush with one another. Squaring up the inside of a box.

You can also use it as a level if you need to. Place the line from a plumb bob on the pivot point and see where the line travels through of your degree marks and adjust accordingly: here's a video to explain....

http://youtu.be/tLp9gr2fuY8

• Like 4

A speed square is one of those tools that most people think can only do a couple things but in reality it's got a lot of tricks to it. I'm thinking of starting a series about different things you can do with a lot of layout tools. I don't fashion myself as an all knowing expert but I know quite a few tricks that I think would help a lot of the DIY/ homeowners out when it comes to laying out cuts and how to figure out shapes and patterns.

A speed square is one of those tools that most people think can only do a couple things but in reality it's got a lot of tricks to it. I'm thinking of starting a series about different things you can do with a lot of layout tools. I don't fashion myself as an all knowing expert but I know quite a few tricks that I think would help a lot of the DIY/ homeowners out when it comes to laying out cuts and how to figure out shapes and patterns.

Looking forward to this, I always like learning something

• Like 1