CPO Reconditioned Tools

Nalu Rash

Been looking around to get deals on some Milwaukee tools and came across the Reconditioned Tool section on the CPO website. What are your thoughts on these Reconditioned Tools? Anyone have experience with buying Reconditioned Tools through CPO? If they are not too bad, I wouldn't mind saving a buck or two on some tools.

post-50272-0-15066300-1435448166_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with you Comp, I usually buy tools new( except for hand tools, occasionally I'll find a bargain at a garage sale or something ). I feel like it's a mystery box when you buy something used, hard to tell the extent of abuse it's been through.

Lots of experience buying from CPO and Tyler Tool. I've got a recon DW734 that shipped brand new, my Dewalt 20v two speed framer, my Milwaukee M12 rotary, my Ryobi 18v Brad nailer. I've been a customer for several years. Never had a problem. Plus the one year warranty is nice.

I don't know about others vendors but as far as CPO Outlet their refurbished tools come from the manufacturer..

Where they fix, test, and provide a warranty of sorts..so at least the place that made the tool is the same who refurb. It

Opposed to some 3rd party company taking and fixing with parts they got from who knows where lol

CPO also offers a money back guarantee..oddly enough new tools get 30days and refurb 60days

Source:

http://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-reconditioned-milwaukee-2691-82-m18-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-1-2-in--drill-driver-and-impact-driver-high-performance-combo-kit/milr2691-82,default,pd.html?xsell=reconditioned--10

Personally I usually buy new..something about unboxing and getting that new tool smell haha

i actually buy all my tools brand new. special sale, clearance etc...always find a good deal.

i have a tool coming in from CPO outlet which is factory reconditioned. i purchased it because its a discontinued item ( didnt sell much that why the manufactor took it off the market)

as soon as its here and i reviewed the item ill leave another comment. good thing is that i have 60days money back guarantee.

what i hope the most, that the item has rarely been used

i actually buy all my tools brand new. special sale, clearance etc...always find a good deal.

i have a tool coming in from CPO outlet which is factory reconditioned. i purchased it because its a discontinued item ( didnt sell much that why the manufactor took it off the market)

as soon as its here and i reviewed the item ill leave another comment. good thing is that i have 60days money back guarantee.

Cool I'm curious to hear about how the tools turns out!! Good luck!!

Oh cool what did you get?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

received the air compressor yesterday. i am so disappointed. its a factory reconditioned.

item didnt came in the original Bosch box. just a sturdy cardboard box. i opened the box and i just smelled oil.

i took it out and i inspected it.

oil was almost everywhere at the air compressor,

manufacturer patched up the damaged air compressor cage with paint ,

plastic housing/ cover from the motor scratched up.

1 rubber foot was broken off,

rust and oil at the bottom of the air tanks,

paint job comes off the air tanks, kinda looks like rust bubbles or so,

air filter dirty,

i have no clue who reconditioned that item but my thoughts it just got the Recon sticker and they threw it back in the box.

no cleaning - nothing.

still paid $300 for that tool - i definitely gonna send it back. i hope they take care of the return shipping costs for a almost 100lbs item.

CPO is dead for me....how can you sell items like that, in that condition and for that kinda price. that tool is maybe $100 worth or less. that something what you find at a garage sale or something.

i didnt take any pictures....because i threw it back in the box withing 15mins of inspection.

I wish you took some pictures and shamed Bosch and CPO of your situation on social media. CPO should ship you a new compressor for the price of the refurbished one. Refurbished means like new to new condition not used junk. That's really shitty what happened.

Wow that's crazy that CPO would let this ship out like that, that's pretty extreme. Sorry to hear about that MM that really sucks when you've waited for something to come and it's all messed up or not what u wanted

yeah i was pretty happy to finally get that air compressor and then something like that happens.