CPO Reconditioned Tools

Nalu Rash

I wish you took some pictures and shamed Bosch and CPO of your situation on social media. CPO should ship you a new compressor for the price of the refurbished one. Refurbished means like new to new condition not used junk. That's really shitty what happened.

yeah good call DR. i still have the package in the garage. i might gonna unpack it again, get my hands dirty and oily and take some pictures

Sorry to hear that Madman. Definitely not common but it's too bad that happened. They will cover the return though, they always take back the tool if there a problem. I'm surprised they did that. Tyler Tool I believe is owned by CPO too just so you know. I've bought from Big Sky Tool which is a certified Hitachi recon company and like CPO I've always been lucky with my purchases.

I had a couple of bad experiences with refurbished tools from CPO, but great experience with CPO itself.

The first was a refurb Milwaukee 2604 hammer drill.  I don't know who "Certified" the tool, but the forward/reverse switch was stuck in the middle, which of course meant you couldn't actually pull the trigger to turn the drill on.  Really?  A refurbished drill that doesn't turn on?

The second problem was my Milwaukee SCMS.  There was a problem with the bevel detents - they were missing so you couldn't actually lock it at 90 and had to drag out a square to get it squared again every time you moved it.  Again, this was a slightly more subtle defect than the drill, but certainly making sure that you can lock your saw at the common bevels is sort of an important feature.

On a positive note, CPO is a fantastic company to work with.  They paid for return shipping on both items, including the 75 lb. SCMS that was outside of the 30 day no questions asked return window and the replacements are working just fine.  (Well, the SCMS single degree miter knob doesn't work but I am not 100% certain that I care enough to get that fixed, but it's still under the 1 year warranty, so I might).

So - is it worth going refurb?  If you can get a killer deal sure, but I'm glad that CPO has such a good return/cross ship policy when I take the plunge.  Just make sure that you test out EVERYTHING right away so you don't get stuck holding the bag on a lemon.

yeah i gonna see what they do with my air compressor

Sorry to hear that you had some problems. I hope everything gets resolved. Thank you for sharing this though, it might prevent others from going through the same issues. I know I won't be getting any reconditioned tools from CPO now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• 6 years later...

I bought a refurbished leaf blower  and also a 1/2 inch hammer drill by Makita from CPO and have had issues at all. I have used both tools many times with no problems. Also the tools came to me looking new, just today I ordered a refurbished 1/2 inch impact wrench and hoping to get great service from it also

12 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

For all you Ryobi fans..... DTO is now an authorized seller....

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/

I think that's a TTI front store.  I first went to one in South Carolina (?) probably six years ago and they carried Ryobi then, even having the cooling cooler in stock.  I stopped by the one off I-95 Exit 97 in North Carolina last year and they almost exclusively carry TTI brands, with Ryobi and Ridgid featured prominently, a vacuum section with Hoover seconds, and a small section of Milwaukee.  I picked up the Ryobi dual inflator but oddly haven't seen it for a few months as I've been throwing stuff everywhere...I mean, packing.