Out of the hole

regopit

• 2 weeks later...

Now I remember why I don't take on job's like this any more. They are a pain in the ass. This job was bid by a friend and he asked me to help him out. everyday there is some kind of issue but we are moving along. Plumbers and electricians started today 

IMG_0389_zpsojtydgyf.jpg

IMG_0388_zpsqvc7nnfo.jpg

IMG_0387_zpsjsj9llva.jpg

IMG_0390_zpsgjauvszm.jpg

IMG_0393_zps4u0urmuo.jpg

You maybe wondering what the cross bracing for on the framing. We have 9ft ceilings and we are trying to keep the studs from twisting before we get the drywall on.

looks great it sounds like a big job. do you normally do small remodels, like kitchens?

It is a big job when it it is all said and done it will have a gym and music room in the basement. A bedroom and bathroom with a floor level shower no curb and a very large walk in closet in the attic. 

• Like 1

Nice work Rego, I know what you mean about jobs being a pain in the ass. I only take work that only requires a few days or a week and try to work smarter not harder. I just hate being in the same place for so long it feels like I will never leave. The worst is when you have to deal with a homeowner who has never been involved with a remodel before.

• Like 1

Nice work Rego, I know what you mean about jobs being a pain in the ass. I only take work that only requires a few days or a week and try to work smarter not harder. I just hate being in the same place for so long it feels like I will never leave. The worst is when you have to deal with a homeowner who has never been involved with a remodel before.

couldn't agree more i really hate being at the same house for more than a weeks and no leaving, but i love drive around to jobsite to jobsite.... nosey misinformed homeowners r the worse!

Yup and they always slow things down to a crawl when it comes to buying fixtures, paint, cabinets, etc.. They call and say come hang the lights up you get there half the stuff is missing, "Oh I didn't know I needed four ceiling fans". "Light bulbs I need light bulbs"  Don't even get me started about bill collecting 

• Like 1

Yup and they always slow things down to a crawl when it comes to buying fixtures, paint, cabinets, etc.. They call and say come hang the lights up you get there half the stuff is missing, "Oh I didn't know I needed four ceiling fans". "Light bulbs I need light bulbs"  Don't even get me started about bill collecting 

preach brother preach!!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It looks really nice I like the wood floors, but to be honest that tile is giving me a headache if I was grouting I would get dizzy.lol 

You should have been there for the install it was enough to make you sick, but what do i know I'm not a interior designer. Believe it or not they paid over 5 grand for the tile