Why is the url for TIA not TIA?

n00b

The best was to put it that was the first incarnation of Tools in Action. If you watch older videos Dan wasn't really involved with TIA yet it was Eric and another Guy.

This makes me wonder, is there a biography of TIA or a IMDB page? I would be interested in the progression of TIA and I have seen those early days of TIA video's and only saw Eric and the "Other Guy" who I thought was a guest review. But the production quality has progressed greatly.

Eric and another guy started it which at first was just the site, no YouTube back then. They other guy lost interest which eventually led to Dan coming aboard and getting the YouTube channel going.

The forum came along and at that time was one of the very first tool forums on the web. It was kinda neglected when I signed up in 2009 or so and before long there was nobody left and it was ate up with spam, pretty much dead. In 2011 Wayne Burgess and I started new accounts and started posting again. Eric and Dan wanted to revive it and put us in charge of it. We eventually got it cleaned up and people started posting again.

Wayne had some family issues and pretty much quit coming. By that time we had guys like DR99 and ChrisK posting regularly, so we managed to survive.

The forum is still growing and I couldn't be happier. It's a great place to hang out.

• Like 7

Great history lesson Conductor! I guess I've been lurking around longer than I thought as 2011/2012 is when I started my Dewalt collection with the help of TIA, but just recently join the ranks in the forum.

Keep up the great work guys!

• Like 1

Eric and another guy started it which at first was just the site, no YouTube back then. They other guy lost interest which eventually led to Dan coming aboard and getting the YouTube channel going.

The forum came along and at that time was one of the very first tool forums on the web. It was kinda neglected when I signed up in 2009 or so and before long there was nobody left and it was ate up with spam, pretty much dead. In 2011 Wayne Burgess and I started new accounts and started posting again. Eric and Dan wanted to revive it and put us in charge of it. We eventually got it cleaned up and people started posting again.

Wayne had some family issues and pretty much quit coming. By that time we had guys like DR99 and ChrisK posting regularly, so we managed to survive.

The forum is still growing and I couldn't be happier. It's a great place to hang out.

great story and yes its growing like crazy :D