Free DeWalt 40V Battery from Lowes

RickyMcGrath

Dewalt is pushing the 40v tools hard this summer with the free battery promotion. If you want in on the system I would buy as soon as you can. I don't know if Dewalt will continue the deals.

• Like 1

Plans to expand the line in the future? 

Would a 40v drill/sawzall even be possible?

I pulled the trigger on the 20v trimmer...because...well...I needed a trimmer...and I figured if nothing else, I'd be able to utilize the 20v battery for other tools later in life....thus, having zero interest in the 40v design at the time.

• Like 1

That's a good deal. I was shocked when HD a couple months ago had a deal on a Ryobi 40v weed wacker with charger and battery included for $99. I couldn't even buy the battery for that. I think the battery alone was like $129. I always find the whole tool platfom/ battery marketing strategy funny.

Plans to expand the line in the future? 

Would a 40v drill/sawzall even be possible?

I pulled the trigger on the 20v trimmer...because...well...I needed a trimmer...and I figured if nothing else, I'd be able to utilize the 20v battery for other tools later in life....thus, having zero interest in the 40v design at the time.

Dewalt has a line of 36v construction power tools. The 40v rating is probably a max voltage like the 20v marketing so in reality it is 36 volts. The tool companies are not pushing the high voltage tools with the better amp hour packs and power draw they can do now they don't need to go that route anymore. 36V tools will mostly be for concrete tools in the future even though Milwaukee has the M18 Fuel SDS max which kind of turns the market on its head.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114