Am I Too Old?

Nalu Rash

Little Update:

Still waiting to hear from the IBEW. In the meantime, I went ahead and applied for the Carpenters Union as well. I took the test (passed with a 100%, something I have never done before lol) and passed the interview. Now I go back for a 3 day screening to weed out the guys that just want a job. 

Little Update:

Still waiting to hear from the IBEW. In the meantime, I went ahead and applied for the Carpenters Union as well. I took the test (passed with a 100%, something I have never done before lol) and passed the interview. Now I go back for a 3 day screening to weed out the guys that just want a job.

I hope everything works out for Yu man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Little Update:

Awesome stuff Nalu, good luck at the OJT, you've got this in the bag dude. Remember, with age comes experience and generally speaking a real quality ethic!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good wishes crew. You guys are the best. The 3 day screening was pretty tough. More than half the guys quit. I made it and ill be getting indentured with the carpenters union next week tuesday. I also found out that i passed the electricians exam. Ill be going in for an interview in december for that.

Here are some pics that i managed to sneek on my lunch

4ff01ede1900baccf0985c94ac7e56e8.jpg

4c072fc90376bef45df5f405a222b3db.jpg

4c551d5762c24db185a17350abbb93a7.jpg

e1d5f318852078800bdb530de97571e9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I think I would chose electrical over carpentry any day. Both jobs are physical but I do think electrical is easier on the body compared to carpentry they expect you to wrestle 3/4" 4x8 plywood like nothing :) This is just me thinking though.

Looks like a really nice training center. The heels on the other hand, DANG BRO! What kind of boots and socks do you have?

The training center is really nice. The wood shop has all top of the line tools. Im talking SawStop and Powermatic stuff.

I have Timberland Pitboss shoes. Ive had them for 4 years and they are broken in well. Its just that we did a lot of running and walking during the training, something that my boots werent designed for. I had cheap socks that escalated the problem.

If anyone has a recommendation for work boots or shoes, im all ears. Im thinking of getting some better socks, been looking at Carhartt. I know that Dan and Eric reviewed some shoes in the past, ill have to find that video again.

Peace out crew

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't know how they would be for work but I wear Smartwool and Balega socks for running. They wick moisture well and help me a lot with blisters on high mile runs. I never really thought about them for work boots but the taller smartwools might be nice. Good luck brother!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1