My new tool "starter kit"

Andrull

What you guys think of my "starter kit"/temporaly workshop (saving up for a house my own)?

Since I was a student not to long ago, I haven't had the money to get new tools, I just had whatever junk my father didn't need. But now it's time to shine. :P

Spent probably in the 8000$ - range. :S

I got my own little guy-rom in me and my girlfriends appartment, so it's kinda a combined workshop, computer room, electronic workshop, beer fridge and storage. On 6m^2.

post-50323-0-71937800-1435946320_thumb.j

post-50323-0-63969400-1435946400_thumb.j

post-50323-0-21798000-1435946486_thumb.jpost-50323-0-17585000-1435946725_thumb.j

post-50323-0-68171300-1435946789_thumb.j

post-50323-0-27676900-1435947879_thumb.j

post-50323-0-31862100-1435947958_thumb.j

Fair enough, I did not buy all yesterday. They are bought over the last 3-4 months or so. But now its finally starting to becoming a complete set.

But yeah this was more addicting than I anticipated. Love good tools. :D I'm worki g 5-6 times per week on a DIY basis, but only a few hours a day.

It's mostly different brands like:

Zebra (Highest end Wurth), Belzer (Bahco), Knipex, Wiha, Wurth, Teng tools, Tormek Bahco, Dormer, Makita, Irwin, Blue Bosch, Milwaukee, Metabo, Luna, hultafors, precisionbits, green bosch, Stanley.

Sortet from what I judge to be best to the "worst" (worst of the better part at least). Yeah, just to make some discussin.

Now it is saving up for some more Vice grips, welder of some kind, Mafell p1cc jigsaw, and Makita 1/2" Impact wrench DTW281Z (XWT02Z).

I also have some more tools laying around and outside.

For example:

- Green bosch - GCM8 mitre saw

- Green bosch - PMF 180 multitool

- Cheap (not used yet) tablesaw that I'm planning to gut and use for my own tablesaw build.

- Dremel 4000 multitool

Theese will probably be replaced when I get a bigger home, in a year or two. ^^

The rest is mostly junk cheap stuff in a box.

• Like 3

You have made pretty good use of a small space.  When I was in school I didn't bother buying tools because a) I didn't have the money and B) I didn't want to move it every year or two.  Good job creating your space.  It looks more cluttered (lots of stuff in small space) than I would be comfortable in, but also more organized than I am by a long shot.  Kudos

Nice little set up. I think we all started with a small set up. And then went from 0-100 in quick shot, especially after u join this forum. After I finally got my own home, I went on tool shopping spree that lasted a year. But boy was it fun to see the tools rolling in.

Wow that's a nice set up Andrull! Very organized WAY more organized than my garage right now good way to utilize ur space man.

You have made pretty good use of a small space. When I was in school I didn't bother buying tools because a) I didn't have the money and B) I didn't want to move it every year or two. Good job creating your space. It looks more cluttered (lots of stuff in small space) than I would be comfortable in, but also more organized than I am by a long shot. Kudos

Thanks, :D It feels pretty nice and special. Tho It may be a bit too compact sometimes. So any bigger builds must be done outside. And to have such compact system kinda demands some good (and a bit worksome) organising. My new home would definitly be more spacious. Maby even a separate Workshop and computer/electro room.

Wow Andrull, from 0 to 100 in a quick shot! Looks like a nice selection of tools you've got there. What are you going to be doing with them?

Hehe, thanks. Its not all clear, and theese days its more of a training/getting to know how everything works kind of thing. But I will soon probably need to refurbish a home, make an garange, home cinema, hot tub and some special "high tech/cool" inovations/twists on it all.

Theese days, I'm building a computer with heavy (!700 ibs!) sound and vibration proof walls, glasfibre, isolation, PLS controlled temperature, 50L hydraulic oil system with valves, cooling fluid and a couple of Air-condition units. So it's a bit of everything to learn a lot from.

Some pictures of the oil PC unit (not cooler): http://www.tek.no/artikler/sjekk-ut-tgs-droyeste-maskin/185524/3

And the cooler:

post-50323-0-96492500-1436122121_thumb.jpost-50323-0-55187800-1436122195_thumb.j

Also, fixing the scooter needed some tools. And probably a car in the near future. :-)

WOW Andrul, you are totally hardcore! Is this super expensive computer setup going to be for you, or is this a build for someone else? I like your work and I am interested in project as you go along, so thankyou for the pictures bud. :)

I too really like your use of space, you have a good eye on your floor plan, where things have to go to maximize the space alloted. I wish more people were as organized as you, I try to be as organized as I can, but I got a lot of boxes lying around now from all the shit I've been ordering over the past few months lol. I love your tool collection, 8,000 is quite a bit to spend in one year, but you watch as your tool collection keeps increasing. Eventually you will need a full size workshop just to store all your tools lol. I would love to see that tablesaw of yours, there is a lot of stuff you can make when you have a table saw, circular saw, and a router. Great job, can't wait to see more :)

Just gotta get this cooler thing finished, and practised my welding and brazing skills a bit more (working on some larger alu-sheets for the top), then it is time for this table-saw project. Goal is to get the router, saw and mitre saw in one large work station. But also get the noise down, precision high, and perhaps I can challenge myself with some nifty functions (for example see the Erika table saw from mafell).

WOW Andrul, you are totally hardcore! Is this super expensive computer setup going to be for you, or is this a build for someone else? I like your work and I am interested in project as you go along, so thankyou for the pictures bud. :)

Hehe. ^^ Thanks!

Will try and make a separate thread maby, with more pics on my latest doings. Here is from when I tried to cut away the screen edges (bezel) and combine it with electrical height adjustment and a powerfull screen "rotate" arm du adjust it horizontaly. post-50323-0-33601800-1436128894_thumb.jpost-50323-0-55701300-1436128935_thumb.jpost-50323-0-97515600-1436129076_thumb.j

Some router and glue testing (how I made my work table). I originally got a top from one neighbor, that I needed to cut into shape. But sudden rain destroyd and warped it bigtime. So I cut it into pieces, tok every other piece the original top up or down. Then glued it and sanded the top a couple of mm down. And then some extra support under. post-50323-0-17135800-1436129597_thumb.j

First time I have tried the router tho. :-p

nice little set up, I too have my eye on the Mafell p1cc jigsaw....hmm let's see who gets it first......lol

LOL. Hehe, challenge accepted. Daaamn, now I've want it even more :P.

Nice little set up. I think we all started with a small set up. And then went from 0-100 in quick shot, especially after u join this forum. After I finally got my own home, I went on tool shopping spree that lasted a year. But boy was it fun to see the tools rolling in.

This tool thing is reaaaally addictive. People warned me about drugs, alcohol and even sugar, but damn, no one said anything about good tools, which tops it all off. ^^

0-100 is the only way I know. :P

really nice set up bro....sometime a man doesnt need a lot of space. just a tiny area is enough where we can feel comfy. 

i see you are a makita and bosch guy

Yup, pretty much sums it up. Blue, like my eyes. ^^ Milwaukee and Ryobi is almost nowhere to be seen where I live, but I must say, I found a team red dealer, and I love how their 10,8V feels. Even better than the Bosch newest brushless 2,5ah line.

Also, german hand tools is also a little passion. (got better deals on that, perhaps since I live in europe)