Why does the UK get all the cool stuff?

RickyMcGrath

The rolling mitre saw stand is one thing I can't find in Europe, and Bosch daredevil bits

Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits or Hole Saw ?!?!

Gravity Rise Stand?! no big deal - if you want one let me know :P

Europe has the Bosch Plunge Saw and the Powerbox (gml50 - EU, PB360D - US) got discontinued here in the states but we still have the gml20 (european model) - PB360S (us model)

sometimes i find the Deluxe version still on ebay canada but for outrageous prices

also 12V drywall gun etc etc :P

The European market gets some pretty nice cars too. Although i believe the focus RS is making its way to America soon. I guess this is a case of "the grass always being greener" I would imagine if you get in the companies head, they are probably testing specific products in their ideal market. UK might have a higher demand for masonry tools (I think they build with block a lot?) So they might see the most innovative tools of that kind because a company can be sure that the product has the best chance for success there.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

So back to the Alligator Saw video I posted. I see that thing replacing a few tools in my garage. That would probably be my go to tool for a few things. It can cut masonry so my masonry grinders will be replaced. It can cut timbers so no need for a beam saw. It'll replace my small chain saw. It's pretty incredible.

So back to the Alligator Saw video I posted. I see that thing replacing a few tools in my garage. That would probably be my go to tool for a few things. It can cut masonry so my masonry grinders will be replaced. It can cut timbers so no need for a beam saw. It'll replace my small chain saw. It's pretty incredible.

I wouldn't go replacing grinders with the alligator saw, I can't see it cutting most of what a masonry blade in a grinder would go through, maybe just clay products

The European market gets some pretty nice cars too. Although i believe the focus RS is making its way to America soon. I guess this is a case of "the grass always being greener" I would imagine if you get in the companies head, they are probably testing specific products in their ideal market. UK might have a higher demand for masonry tools (I think they build with block a lot?) So they might see the most innovative tools of that kind because a company can be sure that the product has the best chance for success there.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

A guestimate id say 95 % of Irish houses are built from blocks, we also have a lot of internal block walls still been built. But I have seen a surge in timber frame recently.

But the U.S. gets tools much quicker than we do, the oscillating multi-tool and the DCD995 brushless drill took forever to come out over here. But that situation seems to be changing, the drywall screwgun came out over here only a short time after the U.S. and ITS tools has preview videos of the 2nd fix nail gun: 

If you click on the link in the description, it brings me on to my second point, HOW BLOODY MUCH?!! U.S. tools are massively cheaper than they are in the UK. I often get dewalt tools in America appearing on my ebay feed, I see body only drills for £50, (more like £100 over here) drills or impact drivers with 2x 4ah batteries for ~£160, those would be about £200 in the UK if you shop around.

So while some may think we get the best kit here, you get some stuff first and much cheaper. So it's swings and roundabouts really.... :)