Fence

It looks really good but is there any reason why the screws are so high up? Here code is 2 foot spacing on 2x4 and fence post 4x4 spaced every 4 feet buried in two feet of concrete. I live in a hurricane zone so when I see how fences are built in other places I'm confused..lol

It looks really good but is there any reason why the screws are so high up? Here code is 2 foot spacing on 2x4 and fence post 4x4 spaced every 4 feet buried in two feet of concrete. I live in a hurricane zone so when I see how fences are built in other places I'm confused..lol

I put a 2x6 cedar cap on top with a 1x2 cedar trim. So I had to have the top rail 72" above the rot board. My posts are ~36" in the ground. Alternating 4x6 and 4x4 with 6x6 for the corners and the gate. Rot board is a 2x10.

I also don't like having more than 4-6" of picket above the top rail to keep the pickets from "rabbit earing" where they warp in opposite directions.

Okay I understand, yea our top rail has to be 6" below the top of the pickets. We don't have any fancy wood fences here its just pickets and post and your gate looks really nice too.